By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo sued for over $200,000 for faulty DS power plug

Nintendo sued for over $200,000 for faulty DS power plug

December 19th, 2008

The [DS] was defective in design, manufacture and/or because it failed to warn consumers as to dangers associated with it… due to defects existing within the Product which caused a risk of overheating and fire, the Product was recalled by Nintendo.

The $236,304 in damages that an insurance company is trying to get is due to extensive fire damage at a home in Kentucky. The case was filed yesterday, and Nintendo is yet to comment on the situation.

Link

Around the Network

This is why stupid people shouldnt have electricity , its just wasted on them.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

hahahaha seriously this brings the LOL's
God in this country u can get sued for anything

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

^lol

People will sue over anything.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:

This is why stupid people shouldnt have electricity , its just wasted on them.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

200,000 dollars to nintendo is nothing. they'll settle before it goes to court.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Well it seems that the transformer itself failed causing a fire, and the people themselves aren't suing it's their insurance company.

I work in electronics and we have to inspect every part going out the door for defects because of stuff like this, and quite frankly if Nintendo passed a faulty power transformer, they should be sued for damages.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

This lawsuit will depend heavily on whether they can prove that the DS' power adapter has a design flaw or was manufactured in a flawed way ...

Personally, with how low power flows through that adapter and how fires from the DS' power adapter I don't really expect that there is a design flaw. It is possible that there is a manufacturing defect, because all products can have manufacturing defects, and if that is the case Nintendo will probably settle out of court to reduce the potential payout and limit legal fees.

I honestly don't see how they can prove this is a fault the the DS adapter. It's clearly not a design flaw since it would've happened to a lot more ppl by now like the RROD