By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now I think about it, whats with many ads on COD WAWii? My opinion on it

ilovetogame said:
i think it's because the HD versions don't need any more advertising to sell like crazy while the wii version won't sell anything without advertising. and they realize that they need to build up their strength with wii gamers because very soon thats gonna be larger than the hd market and they need their games to start selling on the wii.

I agree, these companies need to let the Wii customers know their game exists and make their product known.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Around the Network

Define how the game is gimped. And it doesn't count if it's something you think the Wii can do. It has to be what it actually can do.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Define how the game is gimped. And it doesn't count if it's something you think the Wii can do. It has to be what it actually can do.

I've played it its definitely gimped, atleast from the graphics alone. And also the fact that it only have FFA and team deathmatch and only 8 players without splitscreen and zombie mode. I've only played the singleplayer and NO, I didnt bought it, I just borrowed it from a friend. It have good lighting though but definitely gimped in graphics. If you've played COD 4 in low settings thats what COD WAWii looks like...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I've played it its definitely gimped, atleast from the graphics alone. And also the fact that it only have FFA and team deathmatch and only 8 players without splitscreen and zombie mode. I've only played the singleplayer and NO, I didnt bought it, I just borrowed it from a friend. It have good lighting though but definitely gimped in graphics. If you've played COD 4 in low settings thats what COD WAWii looks like...

yushire, you should really read the post if you quote it.

Offcourse it is gimped if you compare it to the PS3/360/PC, but is it within the limits of the what is capable of the Wii? Hence how can you say it is gimped without having proof the Wii can do better.

From reviews, the people who most knock the Wii for graphics, they actually were impressed by the visuals on this game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

But the Wii can do better! Just look at The Conduit! See what I did there?

To tell you all honestly, I will be glad if COD WAWii must sell 1 million to break even for the development cost, which means Activision was trying. Even the game will be bombed atleast they take risks.

This is really the problem of this generation to this day, theyre more into graphics and boom and bloom than the actual gameplay, and I doubt The Conduit could do better than COD WAW but thats Wii owners thinks about this anyway. I even doubt everyone here plays the wii version, even with the gimped features its still a solid FPS with definitely good controls and singleplayer. Never played online yet if only this have splitscreen...

Im not talking about if COD WAWii actually makes profit or not, Im talking about the game itself... Whats the Wii's graphics potential anyway? Are the games on the Wii only limits to Mario Super Sluggers, COD WAWii, SMG, SSBB and Mario Kart Wii or it could do better? If so, why everyone here says COD WAWii was gimped and could do better? Are everyone here really want a game on the Wii could atleast be in SMG standards thats 60 fps BTW with detailed graphics. I bet it costs lots of money to develop SMG.

I think eveyone here wants third parties to make the Wii like in HD console standards, big budgets, great graphics engine, lots of manpower and have online. Thats not what the Wii is all about, even Ninty dont want to have the HD models. Why most Wii titles like wii play have chibi characters in it anyway?

Im agree thatn COD WAWii was gimped because the Wii dont have other features same as the PS360 and PC versions but gimped because of the graphics?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

"Im agree thatn COD WAWii was gimped because the Wii dont have other features same as the PS360 and PC versions but gimped because of the graphics?"

Wait, are you claiming the game was gimped because of those, or are you pointing out others claim that? I'm not sure what you mean, and I don't want to respond to the wrong thing.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Im agree thatn COD WAWii was gimped because the Wii dont have other features same as the PS360 and PC versions but gimped because of the graphics?"

Wait, are you claiming the game was gimped because of those, or are you pointing out others claim that? I'm not sure what you mean, and I don't want to respond to the wrong thing.

The Wii can do better thats what all they say. And yeah, some people dont buy the Wii version because of the graphics Im visiting other messageboards and sites other than this site and they complain the same things especially the graphics.

Anyway, for me, COD WAWii was definitely gimped, its the truth. No other features even the zombie mode and the airplane mission was missing in the Wii version on singleplayer. Unless you want to play the singleplayer and online deathmatch forever...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

P.S.

Just to tell you the truth, QoS was more complete game with added features only on the Wii version than COD WAW. I think Activision rushed this game for the holiday rush so they minus the features that should be in the Wii version...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

So your issue is the features not the graphics. That wasn't clear in some of your past comments, and I was replying to what I thought you wrote.