By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now I think about it, whats with many ads on COD WAWii? My opinion on it

Just type in google Momoko tsugunaga.

Yeah, why are you asking?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Does anyone know, roughly, the cost of developing on either the Wii or an HD system?

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

dude17761991hatp said:
Does anyone know, roughly, the cost of developing on either the Wii or an HD system?

About half of the 360, and even less of the PS3, from various reports.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

dude17761991hatp said:

I know you said 'roughly,' but even then it's extremely hard to tell. There are so many factors that affect the overall cost of development (Staff size, time it takes to develop, etc...). I just know it costs a lot more to develop a game in high definition.

dude17761991hatp said:

I cant say the exact numbers but Im posting Red Fly studios example for this one. Mushroom Men have good graphics even for Wii's standards and yet its only a fraction of cost making a HD version. Considering that its a small developer so its really cheap.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
frybread said:
Dunno if it's working, but here are the current amazon ranks for W@W:

Wii: 69
ps3: 46
360: 8

Wonder what they were before the ads?

Update 12/22

Wii:39
PS3: 46
360: 10

That's quite a leap for Wii - could it be the ads?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

shocking as it may sound, companies advertise their products when they don't sell (or when they want to increase volume of sales).

routsounmanman said:
shocking as it may sound, companies advertise their products when they don't sell (or when they want to increase volume of sales).

But regardless this game is selling.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Amazon is now sold out of the Wii version, and it's still selling more than PS3 version.

It must be surpassing Activision's expectations!

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:
Amazon is now sold out of the Wii version, and it's still selling more than PS3 version.

It must be surpassing Activision's expectations!

Although overall the PS3 and 360 versions have some pretty damn good legs, but they had 4 last year, to get gamers excited about this one. Hopefully gamers will get as excited for the next Wii version.