By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP: 24 million sellers, 53 500k+ ...

According to vgchartz, 24 games sold more than one million units, 53 games sold more than 500K ... I think it's not that bad for a system supposed to sell no software. How many million sellers do you think the PSP will get by the end of its life? I'd say 35 probably (kingdom hearts, dissidia, resistance, lbp, ...). What do u think? Good or bad numbers? What's your prediction?

Around the Network

good, but could be better, if the piracy wasn´t so rampant among the PSP owners. The atach rate in US is almost decent, for example, while the OTHERS atach rate is a shame. Well, there´s nothing we can do apart from helping. I´ll do my part by getting at least 4 more games in the near future.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

aavidbacon said:
good, but could be better, if the piracy wasn´t so rampant among the PSP owners. The atach rate in US is almost decent, for example, while the OTHERS atach rate is a shame. Well, there´s nothing we can do apart from helping. I´ll do my part by getting at least 4 more games in the near future.

If piracy wasn't so rampant among PSP owners... there would probably be a lot less PSPs sold out there....

and even probably less games sold.

It's hackability is one of the PSPs strongest selling points.

aavidbacon said:

Though vgchartz tracks only 23 PSP games in others. I am not saying that PSP has good attach rate in others but better what numbers tell us.

aavidbacon said:

Isnt pirated games one of the bullet points on the psp packaging?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:

Not in the game devs point of view. There´s not as many games in production in comparison with the DS, even if you take the fact that the DS is a beast, both in hw and sw. There are 40 mln PSPs out there and still...

Well I´ve just bought one, and I´ll do my part, as I already said.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Hmm, seems the psp is doing better than i thought in software terms

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Just to add some numbers:

- DS: 65 MS - 118 500K+ (!!! that's a lot lol)
- PS3: 21 MS - 50 500k+ (almost the same than the psp)

aavidbacon said:

Not in the game devs point of view. There´s not as many games in production in comparison with the DS, even if you take the fact that the DS is a beast, both in hw and sw. There are 40 mln PSPs out there and still...

piracy is an issue also for DS (just google for "NDS roms")...but the system still sells a lot of software

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

axumblade said:
Spectrumglr said:
aavidbacon said:

piracy is an issue also for DS (just google for "NDS roms")...but the system still sells a lot of software

It's nowhere near as bad as the PSP's problem with it. Not to mention, one of the major R4 distributors (I think that's what they're called) recently was arrested.

Only if you assume that every PSP sold would of been sold had it been piracy proof.

Had it not been for it's piracy and hackability isn't it possible... and really likely... that a large number wouldn't of been sold.