By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Trigger - Could they pull it off twice?

Maybe S-E know not to remake a perfectly good franchise for once.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

If they did they would need to figure out a way to retain the anime look.

I would want the anime cutsceens as seen in the (crappy) ps1 port but the actual game in ether amazing 2.5D graphics cell shaded or in 3D. 

Keep anime 3d cell shaded look on ds. You mean like this.

It would look good like that.

I never played chrono trigger, was too young at the time.

mikeybwright said:
I still find it hard to believe SE isnt milking the hell outta CT. Its praised everywhere, all they would need to do is release a virtual console version of the game to see if there is still a market (which their obviously is). Atleast i havent heard anything about a new Saga game in a while...shesh.

Square Enix won't put any of their games on VC, PSN, or anything else, because that would interfere with their plans to release every game the've ever made 18 times.

Around the Network

Then download a SNES emulator and that game it is AMAZING or buy a SNES for like $50/£20(probably cheaper) and that game is like $50 on its own from amazon.com which sucks but it would be so worth it.

I have a snes, just afraid the game would feel dated.

If you like RPG's, just play it. I'd put money down the reason you don't like it would be that RPG's as a genre don't appeal to you. Also, as I've said before, stay the hell away from the PS version. If you're going to buy a used Ps version, just download the rom, you aren't giving money to the company either way, and unless you've grown up thinking games are meant to have minutes of load screens, you'll hate it.

I wish Cross was a better game, but I'd say you can skip it. Seeing as you really only level up from bosses, the difficulty is pretty hideously easy, the story is so convoluted there are 100 page documents online of geeks trying to explain it, and the Tie in with Radical dreamers doesn't make any sense to North American gamers. Combat system was interesting though. Despite being a new game + heavy game, most secret bosses can be effortlessly killed on the first run through. Plus, Crono > Serge. Serge gets beaten up by an old man and a furry. Takes a lot more to take down Crono.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

diamuerto said:
Ashadelo said:

If they did they would need to figure out a way to retain the anime look.

I would want the anime cutsceens as seen in the (crappy) ps1 port but the actual game in ether amazing 2.5D graphics cell shaded or in 3D.

Keep anime 3d cell shaded look on ds. You mean like this.

I'm liking this.  I say wherever it goes it should be Cell shaded.  Past that I don't care.

Ya talked me into it, getting the rom and playin it on my PSP. To all the haters the PSP is the RPGers dream come true...and long live Crono the original gangsta

UBISOFT BOYCOTT