By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Island Of Wakfu Coming Exclusively To Xbox Live Arcade

ANKAMA, the international publisher/developer of renown MMO's Dofus and Wakfu, has recently announced that they are currently in development of a new Xbox Live title, Island of Wakfu. This strange sounding game also happens to be the company's very first console game.

Island of Wakfu is a beat-e'm-up adventure game that supports up to two-players. The whole gimmick behind the game's visuals is that it retains the art-style made famous in titles like Dofus and Wakfu. I guess it's nice to know Microsoft is going all international just to land some exclusive property for the broken yet popular 360.

For those of you who are remotely interested in the game, we have some screenshots available for your perusal. You can also gather up more information by visiting the Official Ankama Play Website. Island of Wakfu is due out for the Xbox Live Arcade in late 2009. Be sure to stay tuned in with Blend Games for more news and updates regarding the latest gaming titles.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Island-Of-Wakfu-Coming-Exclusively-To-Xbox-Live-Arcade-14132.html

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I'm pretty excited about this announcement. Even though I've never played any of ANKAMA games, this game looks promising. They are responsible for these two games:

http://www.dofus.com/

http://www.wakfu.com/

They are both MMORPGs.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle this game.

This team up might be to counter the NCSoft Sony deal.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Cool I like Beat em Ups every once in a while, I'll probably pick this up eventually.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

hmmm... I wonder... I'll def try the demo

Cool, will check this out.

Around the Network

Someone should make Island of Shaq-Fu.

Destructoid's take:

Islands of Wakfu coming to Xbox Live Arcade, nothing to do with Shaq-Fu

The idea of a company known mostly for obscure PC MMOs doing an XBLA game sounds pretty atrocious, but looking at these screens for Islands of Wakfu, I must confess to being rather charmed. Scheduled for release in late 2009, this will be developer Ankama's very first console title.

It claims to be part adventure game and part "beat 'em all" style fighter, and is set in the same world as the company's earlier MMO games, DOFUS and Wakfu. The game can be played by two players in a co-op setting.

I love me a good brawler, and if the game is as good as these shots are pretty, the Live Arcade might be in line for another little gem. I'll definitely stay tuned for this one.

ANKAMA group, creator of internationally renowned MMORPG, DOFUS, is teaming up with Microsoft to develop its 1st console-based video game.

ANKAMA group has announced its partnership with Microsoft for the development of Islands of Wakfu, its 1st offering for the latest generation of game consoles. Islands of Wakfu, which is the most recent addition to ANKAMA’s crossmedia universe, retains DOFUS and Wakfu’s graphic touch, but adds the feel of an animated cartoon. This adventure/beat'em all style game can be played by two players in team mode and will reveal never seen before background content from the world of DOFUS and Wakfu.

Ankama Play, ANKAMA group’s newly created, independent next gen video game development studio, have recently finalised a deal with the software giant Microsoft.

Islands of Wakfu is planned for release in late 2009 on the Xbox Live Arcade.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Looks interesting.....I will try the demo and decide on a purchase.

I don't get it, is it a 2 player coop or a mmorpg? Doesn't MMO mean a shit load of players battling it out? I am very interested in this game so I may look around about the others already out. I wouldn't mind something like Ultima Online except updated graphics, I would buy into that for sure.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Most likely will not buy this, too many other games out, and this one will simply go under my rader. It all ready has, in fact.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive