By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to go 3D starting 2009!

Official http://www.mtbs3d.com/

"I have received confirmation from Blitz Games Studios that Sony “fully intends” to support stereoscopic 3D gaming and Blu-ray 3D on the Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) in 2009. Blitz will of course be helping back this technology with their Blitz Tech engine.

The best part is console support will only need a bios upgrade to work, and we are told that the ability to add this capability via bios may be unique to Sony PS3 versus the other console solutions."

- http://dlb-network.com/2008/12/ps3-gamers-will-soon-be-playing-in-3d/

What do you all think about this? 

This could definitely be revolutionary, imagine Killzone 2, God of War 3, Uncharted 2, GT5, or heck if they could make it work for MGS4 that would be amazing.

/discuss

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

I hope there'll be an option to turn off the 3D when needed.
Long gaming sessions in 3D could get painful on the ol' brain

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

if it's optional then that will be awesome.

I'm pretty sure there will be an on/off option, wouldn't see why not.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

It's useless.

Games already developed cannot do Stereoscopic 3D.

No HTDV on the market can support Stereoscopic 3D.
And the prototypes aren't affordable.

And I don't think 3D is a good thing.
-Must wear glasses.
-Must stay in the exact angle from the TV.
-Cannot be experienced with multiple viewers in the room.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

Cool? Yes. Revolutionary? LOL. Someone hasn't seen Johnny Chung Lee's Wii videos.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

why play in 3D ???
I dont want this wright now.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

This will be great!!

why take a step back? isnt it all 4d already?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I hope theres an option to turn it off, some tvs might not handle it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot