By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The facial hair thread. (growth, shaving, etc discussion)

Hey don't get defensive Steven. I didn't say all beards are gross. The ones that are properly maintained are fine.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

I can grow manly facial hair.......except on one tiny patch on the right side of my mouth (just outside the part that goes down for my goatee........the reason why I keep a goatee). I don't know why that patch is there. Although, over the past year, I've gotten lazy about shaving, and just go stubbly. I use maybe a trimmer every week or 2.

I wasn't attacking you in particular. I don't care, you can think or tell me my beard is gross.

I was getting defensive of your use of "most chicks"... It's a habit of mine I developed when studying for the LSAT, finding logical flaws.

Sorry, if it came off that way.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Most chicks I know. I think what we think of men with beards has come up in many of our little girly conversations throughout my life.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I think you guys can look in my photo album to see where I stand on facial hair.

That was my first moustache, at age 21, a week before I turned 22 actually. That was 2 years and 2 months of growing, but for the first year or so it was basically some dirt on my lip that looked really stupid and hilarious. I kept it to look stupid on purpose, and then all of a sudden it caught up with me and turned into a giant badass moustache. I recommend Clubman's Moustache Wax for curling. Accept no substitutes.

That was my 2nd moustache, at age 24, and that was exactly one year of growing.

It sped up really fast between those years.

I've never had a girlfriend that liked my facial hair, but I've never shaved for a girl. Right now my face is bald again and my wife is really happy about it.

And electric shavers are dumb. I only use them to trim my happy trail and armpit hair at a respectable inch or so do I don't retain as much stink-sweat.

Around the Network

No, I meant, why would one boy/man care what most girls care about? They only need to be themselves, be comfortable with themselves, and convince one girl to like them at a time. (or several, if they are into that kind of thing)

Rubang, it's funny because I have a full beard and am hairy but I shave the pits and "other" with a different Mach 3, because of smell retention properties of the hair.

(Actually, I Nair some places. PM me if you really want to know.)

Nair is so stinky.

No stinkier than the places I use it.

That's true. But I really hated using it. Applying it, and then leaving it on for a bit (10 minutes?) while smelling it........ugh, I hated it so much. I think I used it once a month for 5-6 months, until I switched to razors.......however, I have gotten cut in a rather sensitive place.......so I guess all is not right.