By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just upgraded my Ps3 Hard drive to a 250gb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mibuokami said:
A 250gb HD was the second thing I bought for my PS, unfortunately there is only around 230gb of real space availible after format and installing OS but it should be plenty. I store all my mpg and music on my PS3 locally now.

Welcome to the club. Its awesome!:)

How quick was it to do?

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
A 250gb HD was the second thing I bought for my PS, unfortunately there is only around 230gb of real space availible after format and installing OS but it should be plenty. I store all my mpg and music on my PS3 locally now.

Thanx!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

izaaz101 said:
mibuokami said:

How quick was it to do?

It takes about 5 min I haven't done it yet but I saw it on Youtube.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

Bullet100000 said:
izaaz101 said:
mibuokami said:

How quick was it to do?

All right, good to know. Thanks. I'm going to upgrade my brother-in-laws one day.

Good job , it took 5 minutes to kill a kitten.

The J man has lost faith on society.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
Bullet100000 said:
izaaz101 said:
mibuokami said:

How quick was it to do?

yup, excluding the backup transfer.

Also watch out for the HDD screws when changing, they're pretty soft and can strip easily.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
Bullet100000 said:
izaaz101 said:
mibuokami said:

How quick was it to do?

yup, excluding the backup transfer.

Also watch out for the HDD screws when changing, they're pretty soft and can strip easily.

Thanx I'll keep that in Mind.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

How much is it? I should do this one day.

@izaaz101

Like Bullet said, the actual formating takes around 5 minute, however you will need to backup your files and PSN games before this and then restore them on the new HD, this takes much longer depending on how much content you have, roughyl 1-3 hours all up.

indodude said:
How much is it? I should do this one day.

I paid $66 Tax & Ground shipping included

Heres the link i used

http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4195799&sku=TMD-250AS2&srkey=tmd-250as2

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!