By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 RPG X-Edge (Cross Edge) Coming to America in March 2009

outlawauron said:

I like the Morrigan pic. Use that one MM!

And I think it didn't look too bad in the videos I posted.

It is made by Compile Heart. No relation internally to NIS. Just Etna and prinnys are in the game.

Maybe not internally, but four of the series featured in that game, Spectral Souls, Diagaea, Ar Tonelico and Mana Khemia are all published by NIS in the States. That makes up a majority of the characters in the game, so to the non-Japanese audience, it's more of a clusterfuck of NIS properties with a small sampling of Namco and Capcom characters. Plus isn't NIS publishing this? That's just another thing to associate it with the publisher, because obviously Capcom and Namco don't care enough to publish this themselves or co-publish. On top of that, most of those games, even though they weren't developed by Nippon Ichi were basically mimicing the style and art of Disgaea in so many ways.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
outlawauron said:

It is made by Compile Heart. No relation internally to NIS. Just Etna and prinnys are in the game.

Maybe not internally, but four of the series featured in that game, Spectral Souls, Diagaea, Ar Tonelico and Mana Khemia are all published by NIS in the States. That makes up a majority of the characters in the game, so to the non-Japanese audience, it's more of a clusterfuck of NIS properties with a small sampling of Namco and Capcom characters. Plus isn't NIS publishing this? That's just another thing to associate it with the publisher, because obviously Capcom and Namco don't care enough to publish this themselves or co-publish. On top of that, most of those games, even though they weren't developed by Nippon Ichi were basically mimicing the style and art of Disgaea in so many ways.

NIS is publishing it here. I agree with you. I was just splitting hairs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Neoraf said:

You think it didn't look too bad in the videos you posted?
????

Have you seen the "loading freezes"? Going to next room... Before a battle...
Unplayable.

A 2D sidescrolling RPG... in 2008???
Am I the only one north american who need more than this from a RGP game?

I mean, I'll never be able to go below the Mass Effect production-quality from now on.

This game is a pure fanservice / cashgrab by NIS, the main selling point is the fact that it involves several character from different series. This is essential a wannabe Super Robot Taisen only with a more niche market. (Giant Robot ftw?).

I am really really suprise that this is making it to the state, will have a go pending budget.

outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Does anybody have any decent sized screenshots of this? I need one for my exclusives thread.

Biggest I can find of in-game.

I didn't blow it up. The screen is just that bad looking.

Here's a site with some others, but nothing good looking.

http://www.gamedb.hk/ps3-games/xedge_rpg.html

Here's a nice collage shot.

I like the Morrigan pic, but only because of the girl on the right. I really don't get what people see in Morrigan.

What game is the chick on the right from?

@onyx: Thanks for the pics. :)

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Does anybody have any decent sized screenshots of this? I need one for my exclusives thread.

I like the Morrigan pic, but only because of the girl on the right. I really don't get what people see in Morrigan.

WHAT?! How can you not see what people see in Morrigan?! Dude. She's a succubus. When you translate that into English you get Suck-Your-Bus. Bus=Penis of course. Simple case of lost in translation. Come on Music. She'll suck your bus! Get on the Morrigan train!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Maybe the good sales of Disgaea 3 convinced NIS to publish it.

Zuhyc said:
Maybe the good sales of Disgaea 3 convinced NIS to publish it.

It's hard to piece together the sales here on VGC, because it seems each region has it's own entry, but from what I can gather, the Disgaea series is going down in sales on consoles. The original managed to sell enough to become a Greatest Hits game on PS2. The sequel has the most Japanese sales by a lot, so that should translate to strong US sales also. The third I can't find Japanese sales for, but it just seems to be going down. Maybe if someone can piece all the entries together we can get a better look.

Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:

WHAT?! How can you not see what people see in Morrigan?! Dude. She's a succubus. When you translate that into English you get Suck-Your-Bus. Bus=Penis of course. Simple case of lost in translation. Come on Music. She'll suck your bus! Get on the Morrigan train!

LOL that's the first time I heard it like THAT.. you win this thread *chuckle*

if only they could remake namco X Capcom on PS3, if only !!!!!!!!!!!!!
or even release it in english on Ps2

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)