By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers Up

kowenicki said:

here:

It's always up on this graph at least until Sony cuts the price, which looks to be quite late in 2009...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Fernando said:
DMeisterJ said:
Passenger57 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
psrock said:
Is this the worst holiday season for Sony ever?

Yes... and maybe the last holiday season for Sony too...

He didn't ask you for your wet dream.

Oh, c'mon DMeisterJ... you can do better than that.

That reply was not at all funny.

And neither was his...

>_>

Is this Fernando guy mental or 10 years old. Jees the PS costs 300 quid lol. Also Playstation isnt going to diappear after dominating two generations., this gen has only been going a few years.

Ynwa.

Fernando said:
DMeisterJ said:
Passenger57 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
psrock said:

Oh, c'mon DMeisterJ... you can do better than that.

That reply was not at all funny.

It's getting heated in this thread... 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

DMeisterJ said:
Passenger57 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
psrock said:

Geez its easy to get under your skin. And man what kind of sites are you surfin to find stuff like that!

Around the Network
atma998 said:
KillerMan said:
Fernando said:
TheBigFatJ said:
The Wii is going to pass the PS2's holiday record.

Very well deserved =p

By quality of the games it is not so well deserved , but nevertheless Wii and DS numbers are amazing as always.

Yeah I agree with you. Now you have to excuse me, I'm gonna play one of my mature-blood-and-gore-intense-violent-shooter game on my HD console.

I meant when you compare Wii game library to PS2 game library at the end of 2003. So by game quality it is not so well deserved that Wii passes PS2 holiday record though it doesn't matter because it is going to do it and that is of course great for Nintendo.

DMeisterJ said:
psrock said:
The weird thing is , i went to two gamestop today and saw no ps3. Did they stop selling them?

Yes.

They're actually paying people to take them off of their hands.

Shh, not so loud. Sony might hear you and think it's a good idea.

@ Claude

It's not getting heated. At least I'm not. I just called out Fernando for another one of his stupid comments.

@ Passenger

Wouldn't it be your skin that I got under if you decided to enter mine and Fernando's conversation? ^_-

And it was Google I went to.

chaospluto said:
TheBigFatJ said:
chaospluto said:
Still not surprised at the Wii nor the DS.

Kind of surprised at the 360, but I expected more sales, considering all the Advertisements.

I honestly think the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal. Considering the PS3's price and the PSP's lack of Development (which is getting stronger mind you).

I don't know, guess it's just me.

So you are saying that the PS3 beat your expectations.  Your expectations must have been terrible, because these numbers are not good for the PS3.

I never said the beat my expectations, not at all.  These numbers may not be uber (especially compared to Wii) but considering the Price of the PS3 and the horrible Advertisements SONY doesn't do I think their doing great.

So whatever, they could be doing much much worse.

I agree with your statement about the wii and ds, but I don't think I can figure out how Sony are doing phenomenally... even taking price into account, the Wii's hardware revenue in America was double that of the PS3's revenue

Soriku said:
chaospluto said:
Fernando said:
chaospluto said:
Still not surprised at the Wii nor the DS.

Kind of surprised at the 360, but I expected more sales, considering all the Advertisements.

I honestly think the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal. Considering the PS3's price and the PSP's lack of Development (which is getting stronger mind you).

I don't know, guess it's just me.

Wait... you are not surprised by the Wii and DS, but you think that the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal?

Why am I not surprised?  Well I mean come on, it's only the MOST wanted item on anyones Christmas list this year.  DS and Wii are both wanted by everyone, their HUGE.

Wii is hot, it's been hot ever since it's release, why would I be surprised!?

PS3 "hasn't" been hot ever since it's release, so you tell me why I think PS3 and PSP are doing really good considering their state?

But the PS3 did better last year (and I think 2006?). If it did better than those two years then you'd have a point, but when it's now cheaper than before with more games and doing worse you know that's not good.

Of course it's not good, yes they did worse than last year.  But seriously, they're still doing good for what it's worth.  I really wish they were doing better.  I did expect them to sell a lot more, but also the end of this year isn't over either.

As I said, I guess no one else is getting what I'm talking about.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.