By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers Up

TheBigFatJ said:
mrstickball said:
X360 increases gap against the Playstation 3 to 7.3 million units. Wii hits a cool 42 million for the week and is on track to hit around 46 million by the 28th. Insane.

Is that the biggest gap between the PS3 and the 360 ever?

Yes. It broke the previous record of 7.15 million (or so).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Rats, another week's wait until "Wii has 49%!!!" thread.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
psrock said:
Is this the worst holiday season for Sony ever?

Yes... and maybe the last holiday season for Sony too...

He didn't ask you for your wet dream.

Oh, look... my stalker!

Hi... how are you? =p

DirtyP2002 said:

this will be a great holiday season for nintendo.

Microsoft will be happy aswell, Sony has some major problems. it is pretty much sure, that the PS3 will never catch up to the Xbox360 in NA. the gap in NA will be >8million at the end of the year. That is huge and to big to catch up.

Yeah.

It's a shame too, the console race in America was quite interesting a few months ago, with a possible change in order, but it looks like America is dead-locked in ranks.  It's just much nicer when something big happens and changes the game rather than same-old, same-old.  Some of the American sales, and NPD threads from earlier in the year were crazy fun.

mrstickball said:
TheBigFatJ said:
mrstickball said:
X360 increases gap against the Playstation 3 to 7.3 million units. Wii hits a cool 42 million for the week and is on track to hit around 46 million by the 28th. Insane.

Is that the biggest gap between the PS3 and the 360 ever?

Yes. It broke the previous record of 7.15 million (or so).

So that means the 360 did better in 2008 than the PS3.  Calk up another win for MS.

Around the Network
Fernando said:
DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
psrock said:

Oh, look... my stalker!

Hi... how are you? =p

Oh, look... The Sony Stalker!

How are you?

Soriku said:
mrstickball said:

X360 will break 27m by EOY and could even hit 28m by December 31st...Very good given what it was trending to. PS3 won't hit 20m by a significant number of systems.

Overall good numbers for anything not named Playstation 3.

How do you figure that?

It's currently at 42 million, with 2.5 weeks left.

Next week should be up strongly, as it's the week before Christmas. I expect 2 million units (or so) next week.

The week after is Christmas week, which should see a decent drop by 25% - So 1.5 million.

That brings the Wii to around 45.5 million units with 3 days left in 2008 to move another 500,000 units. It'll be down even more that week, but there should be enough gas left in the tank to hit 46m or a little bit more.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

chaospluto said:
Still not surprised at the Wii nor the DS.

Kind of surprised at the 360, but I expected more sales, considering all the Advertisements.

I honestly think the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal. Considering the PS3's price and the PSP's lack of Development (which is getting stronger mind you).

I don't know, guess it's just me.

wrong reply

TheBigFatJ said:
chaospluto said:
Still not surprised at the Wii nor the DS.

Kind of surprised at the 360, but I expected more sales, considering all the Advertisements.

I honestly think the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal. Considering the PS3's price and the PSP's lack of Development (which is getting stronger mind you).

I don't know, guess it's just me.

So you are saying that the PS3 beat your expectations.  Your expectations must have been terrible, because these numbers are not good for the PS3.

I never said the beat my expectations, not at all.  These numbers may not be uber (especially compared to Wii) but considering the Price of the PS3 and the horrible Advertisements SONY doesn't do I think their doing great.

So whatever, they could be doing much much worse.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
psrock said: