By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers Up

TheBigFatJ said:
mrstickball said:
X360 increases gap against the Playstation 3 to 7.3 million units. Wii hits a cool 42 million for the week and is on track to hit around 46 million by the 28th. Insane.

Is that the biggest gap between the PS3 and the 360 ever?

I don't think so, I think it was close to 8 mil not long after it released, wasn't it

Around the Network

Still not surprised at the Wii nor the DS.

Kind of surprised at the 360, but I expected more sales, considering all the Advertisements.

I honestly think the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal. Considering the PS3's price and the PSP's lack of Development (which is getting stronger mind you).

I don't know, guess it's just me.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Fernando said:
psrock said:
Is this the worst holiday season for Sony ever?

Yes... and maybe the last holiday season for Sony too...

He didn't ask you for your wet dream.

SmokedHostage said:
psrock said:
Is this the worst holiday season for Sony ever?

This is worse than 2006?!?! (looks)

I really doubt it is literally worse than 2006.  But considering that they're two years and a $100 price cut into the generation the PS3's outlook is worse after this holiday than it was after the 2006 holiday.  Because a lot of people expected Sony to fix a lot more in two years than they have.

Wii's marketshare rose from 48.5% to 48.9% from last week.
X360's marketshare dropped from 30.0% to 29.8%
PS3's marketshare dropped from 21.6% to 21.3%

Around the Network

this will be a great holiday season for nintendo.

Microsoft will be happy aswell, Sony has some major problems. it is pretty much sure, that the PS3 will never catch up to the Xbox360 in NA. the gap in NA will be >8million at the end of the year. That is huge and to big to catch up.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

chaospluto said:

Kind of surprised at the 360, but I expected more sales, considering all the Advertisements.

I honestly think the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal. Considering the PS3's price and the PSP's lack of Development (which is getting stronger mind you).

So you are saying that the PS3 beat your expectations.  Your expectations must have been terrible, because these numbers are not good for the PS3.

Anyhoo, Wii does astoundingly good numbers, 750k is crazy good for America. Sheesh!

360 2-to-one's the PS3 in America (thankfully not WW).

PSP and PS3 doing complete crap, my goodness.  PSP is outselling the PS3. 

And DS, oh the DS, amazing sales.  A-freaking-mazing.

But I want some software for NA/EU, that's where all the fun is.

Fernando said:
TheBigFatJ said:
The Wii is going to pass the PS2's holiday record.

Very well deserved =p

By quality of the games it is not so well deserved , but nevertheless Wii and DS numbers are amazing as always.

chaospluto said:

Wait... you are not surprised by the Wii and DS, but you think that the PS3 and PSP are doing phenomenal?