By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Retail Musing- PS3 Sold Out At Walmart

The 360 had a handfull of units? So then there was like 1 360, since it doesnt fit in your hand

mM
Around the Network

The way things are going for PS3, i doubt it will match even last December numbers.

the ps3 will do less than 650k in the december npd.....

Any deals on those PS3s?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Mendicate Bias said:

wow talk about hypocritical, you go into a black friday thread bashing people who say they see 360's sold out at all their local stores and now you make one about the ps3? Just keep your information about your insignificant local retailers to yourself from now on please.

It's a retail musings thread.  That's what he saw. 

lol @ Wal-mart being insignificant though, they're making out like bandits in this economy.

Around the Network

I went to my walmart, and they said they had 1300 PS3s.

Something random must have happened at your area.

Unless you asked, I doubt they were sold out. All the walmarts in my area only hold like 4 units behind the glass since they are so big, but they have tons in back storage. (I've asked before)

The same goes for Wii, but it is more likely they have none. I've gone into a walmart before that had 1 unit in the window, and asked a clerk a few seconds after another lady did. Luckily they still had some in the back.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

leo-j said:
The 360 had a handfull of units? So then there was like 1 360, since it doesnt fit in your hand

Yes they do.

Exact opposite at the Walmart near me.

All the 360s are gone and the PS3s are still there. Maybe 1 gone from time to time but now they have the 160 gigs which aren't selling.

The Wii is of course gone.

i was at best buy the other day and they had about 50-60 ps3s stacked up. there were a bunch of Elites around too...didnt see any other 360 models though. very large quantities of both the DS and PSP. cant recall seeing any wiis

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur