By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Retail Musing- PS3 Sold Out At Walmart

Yes I have been to walmart twice within the last 14 hours for varios reasons and I have stopped by to see how thing were going.

Wii- Sold out, MKWii, WiiFit, De Blob, MP9, GH:WT all skus, Rockband, Zelda: TP were all sold out, may have been others, but those were the ones I noticed. Also, I saw a young lady asking this piece of trash looking guy working in the WM electronic dep question about the Wii, he was telling her to buy the SD card and a bunch of crap... So after left I asked who she was buying Wii stuff for, and she said her little girl (she had just boughter her a Wii, She is gonna have a happy CMAS ). I told her not to worry about the SD card, the Wii has an internal one, after that she was really happy that she could actually ask me about games, because the workers knew nothing. She asked me if she should keep GH(did not say if it was WT or 3) or get that piece of crap shovelware one (forgot the name), then she asked me what games I suggest. Well to make it short she ended up getting- De Blob, Animal Crossing, and Boogie Superstar (her friends said it was fun, so I was not going to talk her out of it). I feel I have done my good deed of the day... I have protected another Wii user from the evils of shovelware!!!!

360- All skus in Stock and in glass, many empty game slots, but most big games in stock (Cod 5 was in stock too, but low stock, Special Editons were gone though).

PS3- Shockingly the PS3 was sold completely out of all SKUs, I was supprised, maybe as the holidays near the PS3 is becoming more popular??? All SW spots were filled, so I am guessing no sellouts.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

interesting, pity Wallmart sales aren't tracked :(

This is suprising. Perhaps PS3 will be in the 300k in America come Xmas Week.

Depends were you live. I was at my local Best Buy and they had stacks of PS3. They have tables setup for PS3s and 360s with Wiis by the checkout. PS3 was full at least 20+ units. The 360 table had a hand full of units left. The 360 table had 2 arcades, 4 Pros, Elites were sold out.

Like I said it depends where you live.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Or.....shipments were simply very low.

Around the Network

I did not say I thought this was a nationwide thing, I was just suprised to see this at my WM.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Yeah, that is surprising. It has been the exact opposite at my Wally World. PS3 all in stock, 360's all out save for maybe an Elite, and Wii's must be hidden because they have so many games shoved in there, there is no room for the Wii!

Sadly Wal-Mart isn't tracked....

4 ≈ One

wow talk about hypocritical, you go into a black friday thread bashing people who say they see 360's sold out at all their local stores and now you make one about the ps3? Just keep your information about your insignificant local retailers to yourself from now on please.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

My Wal-mart has tons of PS3's...

360's go out steady and get replenished easily...

Wiis last for a few minutes once a week and are sold out until the next week...