By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 1/5 of HDTV Owners Can't See the Difference.

I also wonder where I would be counted. I do not have cable. I own a 1080p TV, but I have a PS3 hooked up with HDMI. Do they count me as SD or HD? I just don't think paying for cable is useful when I can watch TV on the internet and movies from Netflix.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Vs.

You can obviously see much much more detail in the HD shot.

(Please note that I took a 1080p screen and then resized it to 480p for a DVD comparison shot, also note that the 1080p shot was compressed slightly, so infact you are not seeing the full uncompressed beauty of Blu-ray, and it also gives the DVD better quality then you'd find on a disc.)

And another comparison. (my apologies can't seem to get it to shrink down)

Vs.

So 82% of the people CAN tell the difference. I'm betting most of the people have it connected wrong.

If I remember a few years ago, it seemed that only 18% knew the difference because 82% thought they could feed SD into an HDTV and it will be HD.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

prolly coz they dont have enough content ready to show off those mighty pixels..

or just the wrong cables >>

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6139690/index.html

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business