By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2008 Belongs to?

Quite frankly, I am very impressed with the wii sales and its first party offering. However, when balancing out, games, value and decision making, MS is the biggest winner this year.

And I know many will point out the price cut, but think about it. It happened at the right time. It gave a boost that Sony may never recover from. They have the best game library this gen and the biggest reason for my choice, getting Japan to support it game wise. As much as I prefer Sony products, MS has really impressed me and showed us what competition is all about.  

2008 winner = XBOX 360.

My opinion.

'

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

2008 belongs to psrock for always having such great avatars.

In terms of sale, nintendo of course. In terms of games, sony: MGS4, GT5P, R2, M2, LBP, crisis core and god of war psp.

My opinion - Winner = Console which offers best games.

2008 winner = PS3. 2007 was 360's.

badgenome said:

and....

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
badgenome said:

and....

And keep it up in 2009!

Overall sales: Wii
Between HD console sales: 360
HD consoles game sales: 360
Overall games: 360/PS3

2008 Games = PS3
2008 sales = Nintendo, Wii, DS
2008 Format Winner = Blu-Ray, PS3, Sony
2008 best strategy plan = MS an the X360 price cut
2008 best sales gain = MS and the 360

Nintendo won. Ms surprised us. Sony... well, they had some really good exclusives.

Nintendo

but the xbox360 has improved A LOT

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.