By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Announced for Mid-Year 2009 Release in North America

RPG said:
Localization time for SE games are horrific, IU and SO4 release worldwide around the same time but those are tri-ACE games. I feel really really sorry for those unable to understand Japanese and want FFXIII and Versus.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Here is the official PR - http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/DISSIDIA-FINAL-FANTASY-Announced-Mid/story.aspx?guid={9FA3ADBA-B158-455A-9743-ED372904D407}

I like how this news of the release date for Dissidia actually brings more gloom about the release date of FFXIII lol since I definitely will be hating the wait on that game. As for now at least I know my psp will be in use during those long summer months that I break from work :D. So this news isn't actually bad, aside from two weeks in december (now) a week in march, the only time I have to play games consistently is the summer.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

and in their defense I assume they make more money on their Japanese releases so if they can get foreign importers to buy them and make a few more bucks and still release at a later time and sell to their core audience the more power to them.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Star Scream said:
In Square's defence, there's a ton of voice acting in this game, so it will take some time to localize.

Agreed, they'll be alot of voice work for this game.

Thanks for the info man, this is the most game imlooking forward to of 09, Unless Versus XIII so happens to make its way in otherwise...

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Star Scream said:
In Square's defence, there's a ton of voice acting in this game, so it will take some time to localize.

Agreed, they'll be alot of voice work for this game.

Thanks for the info man, this is the most game imlooking forward to of 09, Unless Versus XIII so happens to make its way in otherwise...

You're welcome, I'm also looking forward to Dissidia...and Kingdom Hearts BBS.

Dissidia has 2 times more script than Crisis Core. Anyway, can´t wait for it. Only thing that saddens me is the absence of infrastructure mode.

memory2zack said:
Dissidia has 2 times more script than Crisis Core. Anyway, can´t wait for it. Only thing that saddens me is the absence of infrastructure mode.

You can play it online with ad-hoc party ^^