By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is the Metacritic Film section full of crap?

bugrimmar said:
speaking of crash, it only got a 69 in meta. i personally loved crash. that's another example

There's the backwards example again. If you were paying attention that year, you would know Brokeback Mountain was supposed to win Best Picture because it was more liked. It won more awards going into the Oscars. It reviewed better. It was better acted. It was better directed. Unfortunately it was a homophobe's worst nightmare. This goes back to my point of the Academy being susceptible to effective advertising campaigns. Let me ask you. Crash couldn't win almost any technical awards. It couldn't win any acting awards. It couldn't win best director. What merit did Crash have to the Academy other than the backlash of homophobia? Nothing.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

well i'm only stating that crash deserves to be rated higher than 69. that's just an injustice. i'm leaving the oscars out of it because yes, you've pointed out that the academy has loopholes in it.

bugrimmar said:
well i'm only stating that crash deserves to be rated higher than 69. that's just an injustice. i'm leaving the oscars out of it because yes, you've pointed out that the academy has loopholes in it.

Ok fine, but without the Oscars we have dropped the measuring stick. Now we're merely talking about differeing opinions. You obviously have different tastes than the general critical opinion. Move on.

Personally I thought Crash was a great film, but I can appreciate a movie for having a fantastic script and not much else. Obviously reviewers couldn't, and latched onto the average directing and the poor ensemble acting. Too each their own.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

what about knocked up? that piece of tripe gets an 85?

bugrimmar said:

Again. It's a differing of opinions. You think it's tripe, these reviewers do not. Personally, Knocked Up is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and unlike many other comedies it also had an underlying plot other than joke, joke, joke, joke.

Man. I never realized how much I'm agreeing with these Metacritic averages. Got any more? I want to see how spot on my opinion is to theirs.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
bugrimmar said:

Again. It's a differing of opinions. You think it's tripe, these reviewers do not. Personally, Knocked Up is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and unlike many other comedies it also had an underlying plot other than joke, joke, joke, joke.

Man. I never realized how much I'm agreeing with these Metacritic averages. Got any more? I want to see how spot on my opinion is to theirs.

watch more movies.

super_etecoon said:
Onyxmeth said:
bugrimmar said:

watch more movies.

yep, watch more movies. knocked up didn't make me laugh even once. it was tripe.

super_etecoon said:
Onyxmeth said:
bugrimmar said:

watch more movies.

I've seen plenty. If you were to list me movies you thought were funnier, I've probably already seen them and am ready to disagree with you.

Onyxmeth said:
super_etecoon said:
Onyxmeth said:
bugrimmar said:

watch more movies.

I've seen plenty. If you were to list me movies you thought were funnier, I've probably already seen them and am ready to disagree with you.

Wonderful.  Your pre-judgment is reassuring.

I'm not trying to pick a fight...I just thought Knocked-up was meh at best.  But then again...I'm not a fan of most modern comedies.

super_etecoon said:
Onyxmeth said:
super_etecoon said:
Onyxmeth said:
bugrimmar said:

watch more movies.

Wonderful.  Your pre-judgment is reassuring.

I'm not trying to pick a fight...I just thought Knocked-up was meh at best.  But then again...I'm not a fan of most modern comedies.

You bolding only the second half of the sentence shows me you don't get what I'm saying since the second half alone would take what I'm saying way out of context.