By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the Worst Story in a Game IYO?

Of everything I played: Shadow the Hedgehog

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

Around the Network

Pretty much most Sonic's suck for story. Secret Rings combined awful story with awful story telling too.

I imagine the worst of the worst would either be an overly elaborate non-sensical RPG or an absurdly bizarre non-sensical old sidescroller

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Sonic games have some really shitty stories. It's a good question, I'll think about it.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

stof said:
Pretty much most Sonic's suck for story. Secret Rings combined awful story with awful story telling too.

I imagine the worst of the worst would either be an overly elaborate non-sensical RPG or an absurdly bizarre non-sensical old sidescroller

Eternal Sonata.

The story is about as nonsensical as Fort Fermata inside the game. It totally falls apart during the last 3 chapters. Worst-executed storyline to any RPG I've played...And that's saying a heck of a lot.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well, Although I think FFX had a great story I though it really fell apart at the end. Out of all the FF games I have played I think 8 had the worth story... it was just soooo weird.

Now, of games with little or no story yea, shadow was bad, but games like sonic and mario, and DK are supposed to have a good story.... in those games, the story is just there to give them a motivation to be on a quest.... save the princess, etc.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
stof said:

Eternal Sonata.

The story is about as nonsensical as Fort Fermata inside the game. It totally falls apart during the last 3 chapters. Worst-executed storyline to any RPG I've played...And that's saying a heck of a lot.

This!

bigjon said:
Well, Although I think FFX had a great story I though it really fell apart at the end. Out of all the FF games I have played I think 8 had the worth story... it was just soooo weird.

Now, of games with little or no story yea, shadow was bad, but games like sonic and mario, and DK are supposed to have a good story.... in those games, the story is just there to give them a motivation to be on a quest.... save the princess, etc.

Edit: whoops

For me, I can't really say.  I've played a lot of games with pretty bad storylines, but none of them stood out to me and said "I have a bad storyline, just type my name and there's no way anyone could disagree".

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Tetris worlds

seriously why give tetris a terrible storyline. Tetris pretty much stands on its own IMHO....

stof said:

Tales of Symphonia's was pretty horrendous.

Khuutra said:
stof said:

Tales of Symphonia's was pretty horrendous.

very true as well