By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whos going to watch the movie "Seven Pounds" with will smith

Watching the trailer, I'm presuming he tests people to figure out if they're worth him giving his organs to once he dies. He talks about how he can change 7 peoples lives while they show a blind guy and a bunch of people in a hospital, and I guess 7 pounds is how much those organs weigh.

No idea why he's about to die though.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
akuma587 said:
Everstar said:
twesterm said:
I still have no idea what the movie is about.

me either but will smith is in it so ill watch it

Funny, I usually feel the exact opposite.

Although Will Smith hasn't been as bad recently.  Hancock was at least passable.  Pursuit of Happyness was supposed to be pretty good.  This looks passable.

Are you freakin' kidding me!!!

Men in Black 1 and 2, awesome.
Independence day, awesome
I am Legend, really awesome
Hancock, funny, good
Hitch, funny, good
I, Robot, great
Ali, great

and so on.

I don't think he has made a 'passable' movie.

I will see this because he is in it and I'm sure it will be anything but passable.

Dude... seriously, get your movie-rater checked out. I am Legend was utter trite and didn't even come close to the original they ripped of (28 days later).
Hitch was a standard run of the mill romcom. I'd share it under passable, though I found it rather cringe-worthy
And I robot ripped half of the pages from the original book and had to replace it with branded sneakers and drinks.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I was going to blast Akuma for under rating and SupChunk for over rating, buy....

Esmoreit: Are you freaking kidding me? I am Legend ripped of 28 days later? I am legend was adapted from a short story, other than the ending and the setting details, the movie has many similar scenes from the story... The story was published in 1954.

NINETEEN FIFTY-FOUR!

When I saw 28 Days later, I thought, "wow! This is kinda like I am Legend"

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I heard the movie was good, and Will smith is a good actor. I like watching his movies, so I'll definitely watch this movie.

Esmoreit said:
superchunk said:
akuma587 said:
Everstar said:
twesterm said:

Although Will Smith hasn't been as bad recently.  Hancock was at least passable.  Pursuit of Happyness was supposed to be pretty good.  This looks passable.

Hancock, funny, good
Hitch, funny, good
I, Robot, great
Ali, great

and so on.

I will see this because he is in it and I'm sure it will be anything but passable.

Dude... seriously, get your movie-rater checked out. I am Legend was utter trite and didn't even come close to the original they ripped of (28 days later).
Hitch was a standard run of the mill romcom. I'd share it under passable, though I found it rather cringe-worthy
And I robot ripped half of the pages from the original book and had to replace it with branded sneakers and drinks.

28 days later the original? hahaha. I guess you've never heard of "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price (1964) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Man_on_Earth_(1964_film) )which was the first movie based on the I am Legend novel, or even "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston (1971), which was also based on the novel. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omega_Man )

@superchunk: I wonder why you left out one of the crappiest Will Smith movies, Wild Wild West. I generally like WS movies, but that was a terrible, terrible movie...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

no seven pounds is how much he charges an hour

steven787 said:
I was going to blast Akuma for under rating and SupChunk for over rating, buy....

Esmoreit: Are you freaking kidding me? I am Legend ripped of 28 days later? I am legend was adapted from a short story, other than the ending and the setting details, the movie has many similar scenes from the story... The story was published in 1954.

NINETEEN FIFTY-FOUR!

When I saw 28 Days later, I thought, "wow! This is kinda like I am Legend"

Ok ok, perhaps ?I overshot but... movieadaptation wise my point still stands. 28 Days came out before I am Legend. I cannot determine of course where the scriptwriters got their ideas from though.

Still... I am Legend is still a piss-poor movie with an anti-climax that gives " the day the earth stood still"  a run for it's money 

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

superchunk said:
akuma587 said:
Everstar said:
twesterm said:

Hancock, funny, good
Hitch, funny, good
I, Robot, great
Ali, great

and so on.

Independence Day is up there with Pearl Harbor on my "worst blockbusters ever" list. It was fucking terrible. My God, that movie had plot holes the size of Texas in it. The writing was shit, the story was passable, the acting varied from acceptable to atrocious, and the movie just plain sucked

On that list, the only movies I enjoyed are MiB (both of them) and I Am Legend, though even that movie strayed from why the word "Legend" is even in the title. Decent movie, though. Ali wasn't terrible either, but it was pretty heavily overrated by many people.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

smbu2000 said:

@superchunk: I wonder why you left out one of the crappiest Will Smith movies, Wild Wild West. I generally like WS movies, but that was a terrible, terrible movie...

because it was crappy. I was listing all of his movies I really enjoyed. Stil 2-3 out of 15 or so is a pretty good record in my book.

stof said:
Watching the trailer, I'm presuming he tests people to figure out if they're worth him giving his organs to once he dies. He talks about how he can change 7 peoples lives while they show a blind guy and a bunch of people in a hospital, and I guess 7 pounds is how much those organs weigh.

No idea why he's about to die though.

Wow you hit the nail right on the head except for the bolded part. But there is so much more to the movie..

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!