By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take Two: We just can't ignore the Wii's install base. We just can't.

Darn, I was hoping the west would ignore the Wii so that my secret plan to ressurect the JRPG would executed unhindered. V_V Me and my love for Japanese games will not see this happen!

Cool though, he must like the smell of dead presidents on green paper.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Darn, I was hoping the west would ignore the Wii so that my secret plan to ressurect the JRPG would executed unhindered. V_V Me and my love for Japanese games will not see this happen!

Cool though, he must like the smell of dead presidents on green paper.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure Take Two is going to "not ignore the Wii's install base" the same way Ubisoft is not "ignoring the Wii's install base". =P

2009 will be a big test for the Wii. If Madworld and The Conduit get good rating and sell well, developers will start to take the Wii seriously. If they are rated well and flop at retail, expect the Ubisoft model of Wii development going forward.

Yeah, i too am just going to go ahead and reserve this as lip-service, with the sole stipulation that i will pay attention to Take-Two for any tangible announcements throughout the coming year

I mean, the way it reads isn't pretty for people looking for them to start taking Wii development seriously. Like somebody else here said, it's almost like an apology

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Manhunt 2?

1 Manhunt 2 Rockstar Games 0.21m
2 Manhunt 2 Rockstar Games 0.25m
3 Manhunt 2 Rockstar Games 0.03m

Right, it's the Wii's fault the game didn't sell. Forget the fact it didn't do much better on the PS2 (great PSP sales though!).

@WiiStation360: If that's the case... they can continue on with their financial problems, for all I care. It's pathetic that the hope of third parties lie in no-name developers (High Voltage) and Platinum Games, the studio that has produced nothing but flops (Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Okami).

Around the Network
wii4ever said:
Does anyone see any resemblance between N64's epic game Body Harvest and GTA?
Because i think that Body Harvest was the father of GTA.
And if i am not mistaken at first Nintendo was in close cooperation with take two until the point that forced take two to almost change all the code of the game. That was the moment that Take Two left Nintendo for ps.
I hope now that WII and DS are such a huge success, to see more games from take two and at least a GTA in a home Nintendo console

That's not quite true. DMA design, the developer of Body Harvest and GTA were just bought by Rockstar that were bought by Take Two.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I'm sorry but after Force Unleashed and Call of Duty world at war I'm hoping that that these guys catch that games can look good from 3rd parties, they just don't seem to know why Nintendo games sell.

The hint is that they make games to sell the console. Until these guys want to sell the console they would understand what it takes to make the right games.

The game could be exclusive but without the want to sell the console that game won't sell, because it means there was no understanding of how the console sells.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I am glad they have finally seen the light... too bad for them.. it took em 2 years.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

GTA or Wii is coming in 2010.

Can't wait for the next carnival games -_-

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~