By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is WM+ The Reason There are No Nintendo Games?

The reason Nintendo doesn't seem to have any games is because they already released all their major franchises in the last 2 years.

Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Smash, Kart, as well as some WarioWare, Battalion Wars, Paper Mario, Mario Party, Excite Truck, Strikers Charged, and Super Sluggers. All that in two years.

So all they had left was some Animal Crossing for the end of 2008. And Wii Music, but most people didn't like that.

With all those major franchises already released, it's gonna be about 2-3 years until we see sequels. To fill the gap, Nintendo is now reaching into its past franchises with Punch-Out!! and Kid Icarus coming next year. I also anticipate a couple of those secondary franchises to have a few games next year.

Nintendo already has Wii Sports Resort to show off MotionPlus (sales-wise, they don't need anything else). I don't think they would delay any games just to release it after MotionPlus.

And the reason that they haven't announced a new Zelda and Mario is that those games take a long time to make. You know Nintendo only likes to announce games when they are well into development. I'm sure the next Zelda will have MotionPlus compatibility, but the reason they're not announcing it is because the game's, you know, not done.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Around the Network

They most probably started working on the next Zelda as soon as the Wii was released, even before it, because Zelda was finished about a year before the Wii was released. This means that the next Zelda could very well be announced next year.

Enough with the excuses. Enough...

They could have at least made 1 new game! At least a Donkey Kong Country 4, that doesnt require Wii M+, I dont know whats going on with Nintendo, but Im not liking this.

zleep said:
Enough with the excuses. Enough...

They could have at least made 1 new game! At least a Donkey Kong Country 4, that doesnt require Wii M+, I dont know whats going on with Nintendo, but Im not liking this.

Why would tey release a game without WM+ is the point of the WM+ is to be a new standard? It wouldn't make sense.

No. Nintendo would be beyond stupid to be holding a slew of games out to release alongside a peripheral that will take while to reach the kind of market penetration necessary to really hinge your big releases on. Has Nintendo really even used any of the peripherals they've released beyond the item it was bundled with anyway? The Zapper has seen no 1st party use beyond Crossbow training, the Balance Board with Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii and the Whiil, though it's too soon to see if they'll make use of Wii Speak

Some games will certainly benefit, but in the end, for any game of theirs to really sell, it can't be obstructed by some sort of peripheral requirement, certainly some games like Punch-Out!! and the new Zelda could benefit heavily from an option, but it can't be required, lest it make it more difficult for consumers.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It's quite possible actually.

Thread closed, there are dozens of identical threads to post this idea in

Oh wait, I'm not a mod so I can't close the thread

PS Yes, I made the same joke in another thread... But if you read both those threads then you have less of a life than me

"identical threads to post this idea in" but not one actually dedicated to said idea.