By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Record blu-ray Sales

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2184

Nice. i love to see how well Blu-ray is doing... Sony was right to add blu-ray as sells are going up for the format.

Around the Network

"Why so seriously" XD

Dno said:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2184

Nice. i love to see how well Blu-ray is doing... Sony was right to add blu-ray as sells are going up for the format.

erm....Blu-Ray is only doing well because it comes standard with the PS3.  Not the other way around.

Sony would have been smarter not to even mess with it.

my brother is looking to buy a bluray player so i've been doing some research for him (so far, ps3 is best value in my opinion).

what's up with BD players that are $2000! it makes no sense to me.

from what i've gathered, PS3 can only decode Dolby TrueHD... is it possible for them to decode DTS HD through a firmware patch or is it more hardware related?

Can u imagine if they had blu ray cinema's WOW :P

Around the Network
swearitsoul said:
Can u imagine if they had blu ray cinema's WOW :P

Lol, 1080p cinemas at least

Good job sony, blu ray ftw

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

A very nice record, Blu-Ray adoption is doing very well in PAL regions and North America. I agree Blu-Ray outperforming DVD taking equal time frames probably has in large part to do with the PS3. Nomatter it's impressive as DVD adoption rates has been praised as the fastest ever for a new medium format.

In addition the format performs even better in Japan!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

WOW...that's astunning performance by TDK.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

So Blu ray is one of the Most wanted on Christmas Wish list? Lower the PS3 Price Sony (When you can )