By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm lowering my opening week predictions for WKC

I had it somewhere between 200-250k, 300k if it was lucky, but I was expecting at least a 35/40 from Famitsu, considering the review sucked and it got a 29/40, I'm saying 100k first week max and 150k LTD. 

I just wanna make that known so folks don't come back and hold me to my original prediction.

Around the Network

I doubt the score will have an effect... at all.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Of course it will, just like SOCOM scores had an effect on its sales, just like Resistance 2 scores had an effect on its sales, just like the original Killzone scores had an effect on its sales....it's human nature.

dolemit3 said:
I doubt the score will have an effect... at all.

It will, especially in Japan.

1 review has shaken the foundations of your faith in WKC?

Around the Network
izaaz101 said:
1 review has shaken the foundations of your faith in WKC?

Yes, this game will bomb in Japan and it'll bomb badly. This is not just one review, this is Famitsu and Japanese eat that magazine's word up, unfortunately for Sony WKC will be a BOMBA.

Have faith FilaB! In fact, I'll go on a limb here and say that WKC will sell more than 223,765 copies, in Japan.

I lost faith in Japanese gamers this generation, matter of fact I should've lost faith in them when they don't buy GREAT games just because they are western developed.....and we talk about racism, what if we didn't buy Japanese games just because they weren't developed in Euro/US?

meh. 72/100 aint that bad tbh, especially if they see that the main gripe appears to be its similarity to other L5 games and the online.
I suppose a lot depends on who reads the full review and who just reads the numbers.
We'll find out in a few weeks regardless, but I can still see this game selling pretty well.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Well, seeing how many good games have bombed in Japan this gen, I see no reason why WKC will gain immunity to this ailment.