By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No.

iPhone/pod gaming will never be actual hand-held gaming. PSP2 is coming. Sony denied it.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
labrats5 said:
My god, we're 14 post in and no one has ridiculed the iphone for having no buttons.

That's not true.

You could glue the buttons on the touch screen. Voila, you've got buttons.

I just LOL'd!

Just kiss the tip.

Great write up, stof, and most excellent reasoning.

I haven't made up my mind whether or not I share your beliefs yet, but I want to thank you for putting my mind to work :)

This is invisible text!

You put my thoughts into words, thanks for the great article.

Btw, room for two in that shower? I wanna buy you a call girl.

Tease.

I think there'll be no psp2 just for the reason that sony needs to focus all their manpower in getting back to some speck of their former console glory regardless of iphone or not.

As for the iphone, I've never purchased a handheld in my life so I really don't care. I hate ipod touch anyway. I'll stick with the regular ipod thanks.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
stof said:
@ DOATS1, the touch doesn't use a stylus, it's a multi touch recognition system. You can slide your finger around, press more than one place at a time. A lot of games will probably just place buttons on the screen. ipod games will probably have lots of unique control methods.

while that's an improvement, i still think it's nowhere near as good as actual buttons. if apple decide to take the gaming route with the itouch, i personally think it will fail. not to say that the device will fail, but the gaming route will.

Very nice, stof. Not enough belligerent ranting and raving for my liking, but still very insightful. :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

A few questions:

1. Is Ipod touch = iPhone??

2. How powerful is the hardware 3D-gamingwise in iPhone/Ipod touch compared to the PSP (or DS)?

3. How big screen size does this APple gaming device have compared to the PSP and DS?

1. They're two different devices. iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone sans cellular phone. Thinner, too.

2. Overall, it's more powerful than either. Once you factor in the large OS compared to the DS/PSP, it's hard to say. It appears to be somewhere in between the two devices in actual performance.

3. A bit smaller than the PSP without measuring them exactly (I own both).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
1. They're two different devices. iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone sans cellular phone. Thinner, too.

2. Overall, it's more powerful than either. Once you factor in the large OS compared to the DS/PSP, it's hard to say. It appears to be somewhere in between the two devices in actual performance.

3. A bit smaller than the PSP without measuring them exactly (I own both).

2. But there is a fundamental difference between the DS and PSP - one is just 2D but the other can do true 3D. Im curious if Apple's gaming device will be able to run proper 3D grafix.