By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge's GOTY Awards 08

http://kotaku.com/5110864/edges-goty-awards-surprise-ok-not-really

I don't really agree with most of their game selection, but it's their list, not mine.

Best game:

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. GTA IV
3. Fable II

Best Innovation:

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. NXE
3. Left 4 Dead

Best Visual Design

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. Street Fighter IV
3. Far Cry 2

Best Audio Design:

1. Dead Space
2. GTA IV
3. No More Heroes

Best hardware:

1. Xbox 360
2. PS3
3. Wii

Best Publisher:

1. Microsoft Game Studios
2. Electronic Arts
3. Sony Computer Entertainment

Best Online Experience:

1. Left 4 Dead
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. Gears of War 2

Best Developer:

1. Media Molecule
2. Criterion Games
3. Rockstar North

Around the Network

why dont you post the results aswell, I will have you know that many people on this site dont like following links.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

first time in while that Nintendo has been ignored by Edge. Deserved?

Best game:

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. GTA IV
3. Fable II

Best Innovation:

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. NXE
3. Left 4 Dead

Best Visual Design

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. Street Fighter IV
3. Far Cry 2

Best Audio Design:

1. Dead Space
2. GTA IV
3. No More Heroes

Best hardware:

1. Xbox 360
2. PS3
3. Wii

Best Publisher:

1. Microsoft Game Studios
2. Electronic Arts
3. Sony Computer Entertainment

Best Online Experience:

1. Left 4 Dead
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. Gears of War 2

Best Developer:

1. Media Molecule
2. Criterion Games
3. Rockstar North

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Glad that LBP won the important awards but where the hell is MGS4, and how has Microsoft won best publisher of the year surely sony has done a better job and nintendo and EX and others

Around the Network

EDGE sucks. I've known this to be a fact ever since I found out they gave FFX a 6.

How can they snub Prince of Persia for best visual design, but nominate a game that didn't even come out this year?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
EDGE sucks. I've known this to be a fact ever since I found out they gave FFX a 6.

How can they snub Prince of Persia for best visual design, but nominate a game that didn't even come out this year?

Do you read the magazine? Or just moan about an irrelevant score? The review text IMO is usually pretty good in EDGE. If it matters, EDGE scores lower as it treats 5 as an average rather than 74.957831 or whatever juvenile mags call "average".

What's more important is the decision to name Microsoft as top publisher

what games have microsoft published for them to get that award and left 4 dead best online really, i thought that would have gone to LBP reisstance socom, Gears,

MGS published Gears 2, Banjo, Lost Odyssey, and Fable 2, for starters.

As for online, so much depends on peoples' personal preferences. I watched L4D being played for awhile at a friend's (I'll pick it up after the new year) and the gameplay was some of the most intriguing online stuff I've seen in ages. Far different than the same ol' stuff you get from Gears, Resistance, etc. Not that those are bad, they're just reworking old formulas.

As for Edge, they're one of the few publications that still has even an ounce of my respect. I don't agree with them on a lot of things, but at least they have their own opinions and they stick to them. It's nice to see them put so much weight behind LBP when everyone else is going the obvious Gears/MGS4/GTA route.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The Edge was the magazine that was openly rooting for the 360. Their bias has been well known for a while.