By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Premium now has HDMI port

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/08/xbox-360-premium-confirmed-shipping-with-hdmi/#comments

"It looks like after all the rumor-mongering and speculation, the bomb is in fact dropping on Xbox 360 Premium hopefuls: the game systems are shipping with HDMI. At least one lucky customer who purchased a Premium system at a Target in Atlanta is currently enjoying the spoils of Microsoft's not-so-secret addition, so hot out of tips and direct to your eyes, we present the first of many you'll be seeing with the much-discussed, built-in HDMI port (and obviously the cooler 65nm chips onboard). You can stop saving and start buying -- as long as your Xbox was built on or around July 4th, a date which will now be remembered for two reasons."

Edit; More pics of another unit http://picasaweb.google.com/jonathus/Xboxen 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Premium WILL have...

I don't think they will be out till next month

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx you need to adjust your sig :p, the 2nd one to be precise

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Premium with HDMI = Falcon (aka this one will last at least 3 years and 1 day)? ok..now i only need a (further) price drop and then i can buy my 1st "next gen" console

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

lol that's funny...

Around the Network

Cool, I made a post earlier today about this being rumored and it turns out to be true :) And earlier than expected :D

Great move by Microsoft to "slowly" push the brand back into place. I mentioned this just now to a few friends "on the edge" of buying a 360 and this definitely helps Microsoft's case. Assuming these are the 65mm chips? (I'm dumb, but thats the case right?) then hopefully this will eliminate much of the RROD problem.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48351

Microsoft Confirms HDMI Port on X360 Premium Model, Not Core (Updated)

Update: Microsoft has confirmed the addition of HDMI ports to all newly manufactured Xbox 360 premium consoles. "Yes, we are offering an HDMI port for Xbox 360 simply as another choice in Xbox 360 owners’ games and entertainment experience," a Microsoft rep told Shacknews in an e-mailed statement. "Retailers are gradually introducing HDMI-enabled Xbox 360s into the channel to meet demand."

Regarding the possibility of an HDMI output on the $279.99 SKU, the Microsoft rep said, "We have not announced any plans to add HDMI to the Xbox 360 Core System." Microsoft would not reveal whether any other additions had been made to newly available Xbox 360 models, such as the inclusion of a 65nm process. "We are constantly updating the console’s more than 1700 internal components and therefore will not comment on details of specific components or manufacturing processes," he said.

A Shacknews community member reported finding an HDMI port on an Xbox 360 premium console he purchased today at a Target store in Atlanta, Georgia. The newly discounted prices for Xbox 360 SKUs went into effect today, with the premium selling for $349.99.

The HDMI output was introduced as a feature of the black Xbox 360 Elite this spring, but Microsoft made no mention of including the feature in upcoming iterations of the premium or core Xbox 360 SKUs. An image of the HDMI-enabled console provided a manufacturing date of July 4, 2007. The documentation included with the console contained an illustration of the HDMI port as well, and referenced the option to use an HDMI cable for video output.

Microsoft has said the upcoming Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition console will include an HDMI port when it is released in September.

(amazon.com Xbox premium 12th ==> 7th)

Time to Work !

All these hardware updates, new models, design faults, discontinued models, price drops and console bundles have shown one thing - don't be an early adopter!

I mean we all knew early adopters get kinda screwed, the console is most expensive then and there is the chance of design faults, but none of the previous generations had this many changes. The PS3 hasn't been out a year and already one model has been discontinued, soon to be 2, a new one introduced and not to mention the price drop/game bundle. It's getting pretty ridiculous how quickly previous models are being replaced and outdated.

Why couldn't we just have the 60 gig PS3 and a Premium 360 with HDMI from the get go rather than all these different models?

sweet im glad i haven't bought a 360 yet... all in good time.