By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 RRoD'd again.

I made an Xbox 360 that didn't belong to me RROD. I left it on 12 hours straight and occasionaly a ping pong ball hit of it as I was beating my mate at it. I felt like crap XD

Around the Network
badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
Groucho said:
The refurb units that MS sends back are *really* prone to RRoD.

You're better off buying a new X360, and selling the refurb you get back from MS on eBay (That's what I did, and I am very happy with my new Jasper X360).

Damn it.. will the hard drive work on another 360?

Yes sir.

is Live hardware based or will it still work if I use a different 360 and the same username?

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
Groucho said:

You're better off buying a new X360, and selling the refurb you get back from MS on eBay (That's what I did, and I am very happy with my new Jasper X360).

Yes sir.

is Live hardware based or will it still work if I use a different 360 and the same username?

Your Live account, Gold membership, etc.? It's tied to your user account, not the hardware.

badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
Groucho said:

Yes sir.

Your Live account, Gold membership, etc.? It's tied to your user account, not the hardware.

Ok then.. my plan now is to send my 360 to MS, remove the HDD, sell the 360, and use that money for a new Jasper model.  Would that work?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yeah. The only inconvenience you should face is having to transfer licenses for downloaded content (to use them offline, that is - online, they still work as they're tied to your Live account).

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
Groucho said:

Yes sir.

Ok then.. my plan now is to send my 360 to MS, remove the HDD, sell the 360, and use that money for a new Jasper model.  Would that work?

That's basically what I did, although I went and bought the Jasper right away, and sold the refurb later. =)

Bah, you got for your money.

Groucho said:
SmokedHostage said:
badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
badgenome said:
SmokedHostage said:
Groucho said:

Yes sir.

That's basically what I did, although I went and bought the Jasper right away, and sold the refurb later. =)

I'm pretty much broke at the moment.  That's why I want to see what I get for my refurbished 360 first.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Pandas. Hmmmph.

Ender said:
megaman2 said:

I hope you have a ps3 to fall back on as your 360 gets repaired, another customer let down by Microsoft.

I see you're trolling the MS forum again today.

I wasn't trolling at all just stating a simple fact which is that SmokedHostage console which broke down a console manufactuered by Microsoft, meaning Smokedhostage is a sad panda in other words a consumer let down. Justs facts Ender dont confuse trolling with stating pure facts, It is never my intention to troll. But you like to make up stuff it won't work I told you yesterday and I will tell you again take some rest you've been on VGchartz for so long, you have started see things that are not there ny friend. Get some well deserved rest!