By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can the Wii sell the same 3 games forever....?

axumblade said:
madkiller said:
axumblade said:
madkiller said:
axumblade said:
madkiller said:

The Wii sells the same 3 games forever because there is nothing else to buy. The only other releases have been Wii Music(junk) and Animal Crossing(junk).

Yet the will both eventually outsell any game that the 360 has to offer.

LMAO, so Wii Music and Animal Crossing will outsell Gears 2 and Halo 3 huh?

Nintendo games have strong legs.

360 games have weaker legs due to the frontloaded nature of their games.

Gears 2 has already slipped below both games on the chart. There is a chance that they won't pass Halo but there is no reason that either game will not pass Gears 2.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

The so-called "legs" that Wii games have is only due to the fact the there have been very few releases at all this year. Once again, there is nothing else to buy. The 360 games compete against a dozen or more games in the same genre at the same time. The Wii games have nothing to compete against at all, especially since there have been virtually no 3rd party games worth buying ever for the Wii.

...So you're saying i'm right. ;)

No, not even close. Wii Music is the worst game ever released on any system. I would rather play E.T. on the Atari. There is no way in hell either one of those games is going to sell more than a couple million lifetime, unless maybe Nintendo relases nothing else for another year.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

A matter of substitution. Think of peoples great games for PS3 or 360. Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 5, Resistance, Resistance 2, and so on. Even games like Uncharted to the average consumer will look like just another shooter, though it is more adventure.

The most important fact is that those Wii games are so unique that nothing else compares to them. I mean look back at my list above, besides Uncharted 2, you can substitute any game with another, and even more not on the list.

madkiller said:
axumblade said:
madkiller said:
axumblade said:
madkiller said:
axumblade said:
madkiller said:

The Wii sells the same 3 games forever because there is nothing else to buy. The only other releases have been Wii Music(junk) and Animal Crossing(junk).

Yet the will both eventually outsell any game that the 360 has to offer.

LMAO, so Wii Music and Animal Crossing will outsell Gears 2 and Halo 3 huh?

Nintendo games have strong legs.

360 games have weaker legs due to the frontloaded nature of their games.

Gears 2 has already slipped below both games on the chart. There is a chance that they won't pass Halo but there is no reason that either game will not pass Gears 2.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

The so-called "legs" that Wii games have is only due to the fact the there have been very few releases at all this year. Once again, there is nothing else to buy. The 360 games compete against a dozen or more games in the same genre at the same time. The Wii games have nothing to compete against at all, especially since there have been virtually no 3rd party games worth buying ever for the Wii.

...So you're saying i'm right. ;)

No, not even close. Wii Music is the worst game ever released on any system. I would rather play E.T. on the Atari. There is no way in hell either one of those games is going to sell more than a couple million lifetime, unless maybe Nintendo relases nothing else for another year.

haha

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Lol there are some bitter people in this thread.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

god knows how much those game will sell lifetime

they are selling because a lot of people like them, and as more people buy the Wii, those are the 1st games they buy, also this way they spread more and more

let's not forget Mario Galaxy is still selling great, it can do 10m!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
madkiller said:

So how are you going to explain... every other Nintendo game that seems to sell forever? These in particular:

1 Nintendogs Nintendo 20.65m
2 New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo 16.84m
3 Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Nintendo 16.65m
4 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day Nintendo 15.38m
5 Mario Kart DS Nintendo 12.91m
6 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo 12.88m
7 Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo 10.05m

"No competition," "No games worth playing" again?

By the way, why do you think they even buy the Wii in the first place, if it has no games?

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
god knows how much those game will sell lifetime

they are selling because a lot of people like them, and as more people buy the Wii, those are the 1st games they buy, also this way they spread more and more

let's not forget Mario Galaxy is still selling great, it can do 10m!!

Yes, but Mario Galaxy is worthy of good sales, Wii Music and Animal Crossing are not...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

@Madkiller: You know, not all people think like you. In fact you are just part of a relatively small group of core gamers who consider themselves superior to the rest of the world.

I absolutely love Animal Crossing and my girlfriend loves Wii Fit. What is wrong with that? Who are you to decide what is good and what not?

I also think "The Last Remnant" is quite a good game - just because some reviewers said it isn't does that make it a bad game for everyone?

Think about that. With 28 you should be enough of a man to acknowledge that your comment was completely needless and over the top.

also what about pokemon games those sell like crazy too... I guess Nin really know how to make games sell.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Those three games could each sell 40 million copies individually.
MK Wii to sell 43 million copies ltd.
Wii Fit to sell 45 million copies ltd.
SSBB to sell 41 million copies ltd.