By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is it just Me or has There been a Decline in the Quality of XBOX Live?

I'm not happy with NXE. It's MUCH slower than the old interface. There are also bugs.
Items showing up that when you select it tells you it's not available any more.
I still get a message that another user logged in when I log in. That bug has been there for 2 years now.
I understand why Microsoft changed the interface, they had to, bacause the old one couldn't handle the large number of content, but for ME, NXE is not for the better at all.

Around the Network

One thing I didn't like about nxe was that when I was trying to find my active downloads which I used to be able to find very easily on the old system...it took me a little while to figure out that if I pushed the green x button, then flipped to the left a couple of pages I would find them. I have noticed it freezing a bit on some of the older games. When playing Tomb Raider Legend and trying to exit, it froze a few times, and much to my regret I would yank the power cord out of the wall even though it was still turned on, but I haven't had to do that for awhile. NXE can be a few seconds slower when switching between menues. But, I think it is a worthwhile new feature. I was getting tired of the old way and it was slower overall in my opinion.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Phrancheyez said:
mrstickball said:
Dash of Destruction is coming to XBLA free this week. Bomberman LIVE is getting a heavy discount...And that's just the past 2 days.

If anything, MS is trying to ensure that XBL is even usable during Christmas, because the past 2 have been bad because MS hasn't upgraded servers a whole lot...Maybe they know that a Fable 2 demo would swamp the Christmas servers?

XBL quality is fine. A bad week on XBL is the best week on PSN or WiiWare, so why worry?

That's halarious.  Really.  You should quit your day job.  I know this comedy club who might be interested in you.

Silly fanboys.

If you disagree, feel free to rebut with an actual listing of updated/new content on any given week for VC/WW or PSN, and I will do the same.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/11/playstation-store-update-64/

There is last weeks PSN update....I would call it a bad week, but they also gave us Home.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/12/playstation-network-video-content-update-9/

There is the PSN Video Store update from last Thursday.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/09/new-video-releases-on-the-playstation-store-3/

Finally this is last Tuesday's PSN Video update. We get two per week because all new releases to DVD/BD come out on Tuesday and Sony wants to make sure that we get them the day they are in the Video Stores.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

To answer OP, yes it's you.

Majority of people feel Live is the best it has ever been. There are tons of games, demo not to mention Netflix (for those of us in the US).

Live is better intergrate into Xbox than the other two console. I can pull up the game I am currently playing and browse all the related contents. There are demo for all the arcade games.

And if you are bore, unemployed with no job prospect , then may be you should be trying to find a way to better your employment (like go back to school) than bitching about lack of demo on Live. (And no you are full of crap, I just download demo for Sonic, C&C , not to mention there are tons of free video and crap to watch (if you are that bore).

Around the Network

@mrstickball

just go read the front page on vgchartz that should convince you that you're an idiot. They have articles on new releases in PSN and XBL. Microsoft servers suck anyways, they are slower and easily disconnected, that's why I don't pay for Live and only play on PSN. Plus the fact that you don't pay Microsoft for services like that.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

bokvamme said:
I'm not happy with NXE. It's MUCH slower than the old interface. There are also bugs.
I still get a message that another user logged in when I log in. That bug has been there for 2 years now.
I understand why Microsoft changed the interface, they had to, bacause the old one couldn't handle the large number of content, but for ME, NXE is not for the better at all.

Never have this problem.  NXE if faster than the old Dash, it might take a little time finding stuff since it's a new interface  but overall it is better and that's coming from me who is not a big fan of Media Center interface.

disolitude said:

I suspect you are talking games wise only...not about features such as netflix and NXE which kick ass.

Demos in the last 2 weeks - Sonic Unleashed, Red Alert 3, Dead Space...hardly B quality.
Lets not forget 1 or 2 xbox live games every week. Community games which get updated daily...

Oh...btw...Resident Evil 5 demo(exclusively) is playable on any xbox if you're smart...not just Japan.

So I believe my statements have convinced you or anyone else asking about the quality of releases on xbox live.

How do i get the RE5 demo, iv seen my friends playing it but i don't know where to find it.

Pharaoh said:

@mrstickball

just go read the front page on vgchartz that should convince you that you're an idiot. They have articles on new releases in PSN and XBL. Microsoft servers suck anyways, they are slower and easily disconnected, that's why I don't pay for Live and only play on PSN. Plus the fact that you don't pay Microsoft for services like that.

I think you will find that Microsoft servers are much better than Sony's.  There are more of them, they are faster, and disconnect much less often than a Sony server.  The issue of disconnects is usually with the "host" which is because Microsoft uses PvP for most games.  That's not a server issue.

To put it this way, everything on the NXE is server based, including the marketplace, dashboard menus, all downloads, etc.  All of this is accessible via Xbox Live to all 14 million+ simultaneously.  On Sony's system, you have to navigate to each thing and load a different application for Home and the PS Store.  And we all know how smoothly Home has gone with only about 7 million PS3 users trying to connect.  Utter chaos.

bokvamme said:

I have never heard of this bug.  It sounds like you have the MSN Messenger feature enabled, so every time you login, if you are connected to MSN Messenger on your computer, it will kick you off of that, then sign you in on Xbox.  Then, if you sign back in on PC, it will say "another user logged in" on your Xbox.  Thats the only thing I can think of that would do something like this.