By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean IV does not have the 'only on Xbox 360' label

Last summer, I made a topic called Star Ocean IV has the 'only on Xbox 360' label, with this pic:

Now the Japanese boxart of the game has been revealed, and it does not have the label on it. Have things changed in these 3 months?

Around the Network

Sorry, I missed the other topic. You can close this one :)

I think you guys are looking too much into this, it is possible that it's not going to be kept exclusive but if you compare it to bioshock's first boxart that does not say exclusive to the pc and xbox360 and the real one where it does say it you can see that they don't nesscarily put that label on there

http://www.destructoid.com/final-bioshock-boxart-love-it-or-hate-it--32476.phtml

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bioshock-for-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ300280319663QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item300280319663&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

"

My Tales of Vesperia LE case doesn't have the "Only on Xbox 360" symbol and yet I can't find it for any other console. So....yeah. If I go out one day and find SO4 on PS3 or Wii, then I'll say "Ok its not exclusive," and then proceed in buying it for every system. Until then, well, its exclusive, and you can't discount it as such.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Interesting so the game must be coming to PS3 in the near future. Could be another timed exclusive just like BioShock.

Around the Network

I really think it will be a Timed Exclusive, I see no reason for it not to be.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

I still think it will be a timed exclusive and as andres says it does not prove it is not exclusive

Time exclusive and then PC release confirmed?

Just like Last Remnant!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Maybe they want to put it on on the PC, or they didn't want it cluttering up their boxart.

I think ToV will come to PS3 once the exclusivity Microsoft most likely purchased is over. And TLR, will, unfortunately, come and grace the PS3 with it's presence too. Much like Star Ocean 4 will after the exclusivity period is over.

MS makes it a point to put "ONLY ON XBOX" on exclusive games, and this is going to be no different, there's no reason they wouldn't put it on here.