By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do you believe Sony will do a pricecut in 2009?...

Around the Network
axumblade said:
kirby007 said:
axumblade said:
Million said:
axumblade said:
colonelstubbs said:
Wait....wasnt a price cut leaked?

Yes it was.

Source ?

I don't have it nor do I have the time to look it up since i have to go to work. It was leaked at some conference where Uncharted 2 and information on God of War 3 was "leaked." If you look it up, it should be somewhere on this site even.

http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/huge-sony-info-blowout/

There's a vgc thread about it but that's the source in the thread...

The article even states it is a rumour..

eh. A set of the "rumors" were proven to be true. Especially considering that Uncharted 2 was just a rumor up until the point that the article came out. x.o So it very well could be a "rumor" but it's better then anything you've provided in your arguments. x.o

my friend, I just thought from a logical point of view : a compagny isn't here because it wants to make losses.

It's here to turn in a profit and keeps looking at the future and staying in business

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

super_etecoon said:
It's called a fire sale....and they need one. Both for their PS3 brand...as well as Blu-Ray.

There WILL be a $100 price cut before next holiday.

Simple. They have managed, or will manage, to cut the production costs. As they can't afford not to cut the price, they will do it. And why can't they afford to keep the current price? Well, they've already lost much money and probably aren't making too much money on games yet. They've always relied on games and probably will now, too, once they decide they're not losing too much money with hardware. Also, they want to keep the PlayStation brand strong and make Blu-ray succesful.

kirby007 i think the ps3 will be able to have a price drop in 2009 because i think the costs to make the system will go down enough by sometime in 2009 that they can drop the price by some amounts of money and be able do it like a pro (not Xbox360 pro though mind you) unless sony decides 160GB isn't enough and does like 1TB and 4TB PS3s or something and keep prices high with silly add ons

Around the Network
Garamond said:
kirby007 i think the ps3 will be able to have a price drop in 2009 because i think the costs to make the system will go down enough by sometime in 2009 that they can drop the price by some amounts of money and be able do it like a pro (not Xbox360 pro though mind you) unless sony decides 160GB isn't enough and does like 1TB and 4TB PS3s or something and keep prices high with silly add ons

This, Agreed. +2 that and Kirby ownz. n_n

not only will sony cut there prices i am sure microsoft will respond and cut there own

hello how are you.