By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony will do very well in 2009. fact.

i am a little Sony fanboy, but i also am a 360user. (and i like my 360, and all the RPGs on it.)

i opened this thread just because of this "Sony is a sinking ship" "PS3 is burned out" , "360 will kick PS3´s ass" bullshit.

of course 360 has some awesome games in 09 too, (Alan wake is my favourite... i hope it will come out next year) but i wanted to remember everyone to notice, that sony isnt dead.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I dont think God of War 3 will ship this year. I'm not even sure if GT5 will ship this year, atleast not outside of Japan. Theres GOT to be some PS3 price cut in 2009. There is no way in hell they will go the whole year without a single price cut. That would be suicide. They need to get down to $299 by the end of 2009.

We will probably see motion controls for both the 360 and PS3 in 2009. I have no idea how well these will go against the Wii.

I can't see Sony winning 2009 personally. The company is finnacially hurting right now, and MS will cut prices and bundle if Sony starts to claw it's way back.

Sony will still have a great year. Most of their first parties are doing a great job. Hopefully the pressure to push out software quicker doesn't affect the quality, i.e. Resistance 2.

Someone should inform Sony, I'm sure they'll be relieved.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Couldn't you have said the same exact thing about 2008 in 2007?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

I'm afraid that Sacred 2 should be removed from this list. This game is at most average and is like MMO with MM with quests like kill x bandits/wolfs/bears/goblins etc.

Altrough generally i agree that PS3 so far has strongest lineup for 2009 and with that many great titles plus hopefully BR movies getting more mainstream it will be good year for ps3 owners.

But for Sony as a whole I have absolutly no idea :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

All guesstimations, mine is a $100 price cut some time next year but after that people still don't want a PS3, Sony will go for profit and not market share. The PS3 has a very good line up and looking at sales of the PS3 and 360 price looks to be the issue for the former. Once the big games release next year and a price drop occurs then the "PS3 is dooooooomed" threads should hopefully disappear.

$100 price drop before Killzone 2 and I think that will do very very well. Of course 360 will drop in price again but the PS3 will be $300, people much more likely to pay that little bit extra and get one.

As I said, all guesstimations.

Isn`t that obvious? )
PS3 domination all over the world! =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Not again, please. First, 2007 year of PS3, then 2008 year of PS3, and 2009 year of PS3? Every next year is year of PS3? Don't you tired of making the same threads over and over again? That's kinda fanboyish, tired of fanboys.

------------------------------------

Someone should inform Sony, I'm sure they'll be relieved.

What above posters said.

Well a couple of games "looking promising" according to you doesn't mean anything. Lots of games look promising on every console. So we'll have to wait and see if these games are any good and appealing.
Then again, when you look at hardware sales for any console, you quickly understand that they don't change with a couple of good games. Trends are much more global, and the PS3 has a low global trend, and it probably won't change even if the price is cut in half.

Is this one of those threads from two years ago, or last year, where we're told that these "big games" are going to change the PS3's fortunes?

Oh wait,... it's a new one saying the same thing.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!