By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Define Monopoly

Imthelegend said:
Isn't it a board game where you have to buy properties. And end up getting frustrated and end up cheating outrageously

Fixed

Around the Network
Lurker said:
Sony basically had one for two gens. It wasn't a total monopoly but it damn near killed Nintendo off

Um really?

The only thing I know is that Nintendo never lost any money on their consoles.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

So, would it be correct to say Nintendo practically had a monopoly with the NES?

Naum said:
Lurker said:
Sony basically had one for two gens. It wasn't a total monopoly but it damn near killed Nintendo off

Um really?

The only thing I know is that Nintendo never lost any money on their consoles.

I'm not sure this is correct.

Nintendo never posted a financial quarter loss. They might still have lost money on the Gamecube, as they made lots on the GBA.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv it still didn't nearly kill off Nintendo as they never made a loss. No matter which console made the money.

Around the Network
Imthelegend said:
Oyvoyvoyv it still didn't nearly kill off Nintendo as they never made a loss. No matter which console made the money.

Nintendo's only change of getting "killed off" was if they decided to go handheld only, as their consoles were losing money (if they had went HD this time for instance, maybe everyone would have lost money).

They were in no risk of having to shut down.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

My understanding is that Nintendo was always making gobs of money even during the N64. They decided to go handheld when they found out "Hey, we can be making even more money....yay!"

a board game produced by Parker Bros. that collects dust in the majority of American households.

damn someone beat me to the punch.

drunken0taku, if that is correct then the Wii is its brother because, according to ps360 owners noone who has a wii plays with them annymore. They just collect dust.......