By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP-4000 in 2009, PSP2 later

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
PSP hasn't got enough good games in order to buy it, i hope PSP2 has better games, then i may bother with it

psp has a bunch of awesome games... what are you talking about? only reason I havent bought one is because I don't go on road trips or vacations. I'm usually working or at home and I dont need a portable for those activities... (or school)

Around the Network

For PSP-4000 i only expect a better screen maybe a little bigger and a slicker design

For PSP2 i want analog sticks and ps3-close powers ( i wish)

Cthulhu said:
For PSP-4000 i only expect a better screen maybe a little bigger and a slicker design

For PSP2 i want analog sticks and ps3-close powers ( i wish)

would it even matter with it being that small?

kowenicki said:
wait... they def did say there are no plans for a psp2.... where did they say they are working on it?

well they didnt. But they said devs are working already on games for it, so my guess is that sony is well ahead in development of PSP2

kowenicki said:
where did they say that they are working on games for it?

Even fewer details were available on the PSP successor, but we're told that developers are already working on games.

I translate that PSP successor means PSP2

Around the Network

Nah, Sony definitely has a PSP2 in the works if Reeves went as far as to deny it. Normally it'd be a 'no comment' or something like that.

'No comment' means no
'we don't comment on rumor and speculation' is a curveball
but if someone goes as far to categorically deny a rumor, it's true. Much like the EU price cut rumour, it'll more than likely come to fruition.

I put up the first thread, but I made it clear I hoped it wasn't true. If Sony just isn't talking about the next PSP in Japan, hopefully that just means they have other priorities, which would make perfect sense.

If the R&D department comes up with something great (if they haven't already), then I would think Sony would be willing to talk about it then.

BTW, I would personally take away anything that could lead to homebrewing. If it took not having backwards compatibility, I would do it. The next PSP needs decent anti-piracy measures along with something to set it apart from all other systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs