By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sex scenes in video games.

its still stupid.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
its still stupid.

I agree that it is stupid but I really don't want sex in games unless it is part of story. Think Mass effect and not GOW.

sapient said:
bugrimmar said:
its still stupid.

I agree that it is stupid but I really don't want sex in games unless it is part of story. Think Mass effect and not GOW.

Well... two things about sex in GOW.

1. It is part of the story and character development. (or atleast in the first game)

2. It's optional.

look at this horrifying effect of violence in games:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/15/man-pleads-guilty-mortal-kombat-beating-death/

can sex in games create something any worse than that?

bbsin said:
sapient said:
bugrimmar said:
its still stupid.

1. It is part of the story and character development. (or atleast in the first game)

2. It's optional.

I was thinking more in terms of chains of olympus where I believe he has a 3 way which is not really needed :)

Unless you are thinking of gears of war instead of God of War (I wouldn't know sinc eI have never played Gears).

Around the Network

Sex in videogames is...not needed. Violence since many of the games main point is to destroy enemies on screen, can be explained to a reason, moreso that kids consider the act of killing in a videogame the status quo, be it mario stomping on goombas or Sub-Zero ripping spines. Sex on the other hand cannot be explained in videogames other than fanservice. Mario boinking peach after the resque as reward? How are you going to justify sex even at an action driven game like the modern space marine marathons, other than a cutscene of sorts. Sex as a player command is illogical in any game except hentai dating sims, where it is the point of the game and it is interactive for the player. So if you want sex play Ero sims or Custer's Revenge.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

I'm guessin it's probably cause some people still view consoles as "toys". Other reason is probably because you're the one doing the killing, rather than watching the killing in a movie.

I still think it shouldn't be a big deal though - anyone with some sense won't be motivated by video games. The young kids that could be should have parents keeping track of what they play.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

sapient said:
bbsin said:
sapient said:
bugrimmar said:
its still stupid.

2. It's optional.

I was thinking more in terms of chains of olympus where I believe he has a 3 way which is not really needed :)

Unless you are thinking of gears of war instead of God of War (I wouldn't know sinc eI have never played Gears).

Yeah, I would agree that the sex scene in chains of olympus was pretty meaningless. The only game that I actually believe the sex gameplay was in good tastes was the first one. After that point, I don't think gamers still need to know what Kratos would do if he saw 2 naked just asking for a pounding. Either way, I'm sure alot of people would be upset if the sex mini-game were to be missing in GOW3....just because they're used to it by now.

sex is natural. I have nothing against sex being in games.

Although games clearly are less mature than movies as a whole, the funny thing here is how immature the movie industry has become. anything the vg industry has, the movie industry has a lot worse and often not done for artistic value.

sex is but one theme that can be used, the vg industry needs to learn to use it properly and to use more themes.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.