By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Too Human Two? Has it been canned?

I can only imagin the first one turned out nothing like what Microsoft had hoped, I know they planned a trilogy but I have heard nothing since the release, will Microsoft just can it? Honestly if they are going to release them they might as well do a rush job, if 10 years in develeopment isn't enough enough to make the first one a hit then no amount of time will save the trilogy.

Around the Network

I think the future is looking rather bleak, apparently there were proposed plans of DLC to be released near the game's release date and that obviously hasn't happened to date, so if they didn't get the funding for that...

It's a shame it turned out the way it has - a mix between diablo and devil may cry still sounds awesome.

Any news on Silicon Knights lawsuit against Epic? Still pending?

Nope. There are quite a few Too Human games that will come out in the future. With the shittiness of the first game the second and third will be frowned upon in the sales department.

Ten years in development is actually a misnomer. The game was only in development for a few years. The latest game was just the latest revision of concept. Further more despite critical reviews the game was a commercial success. Selling almost half a million copies is incentive on the 360, and the game probably generated a decent profit margin. Finally the game has a cult following. In other words its not universally reviled there is a small legion of players who absolutely love and enjoy the game despite its flaws.

I would say yes Microsoft is going to continue the trilogy, a failure with reviewers does not necessarily mean the concept is a poor one. The majority of reviewers pegged the game down for having significant flaws. However most were also quick to say that the games concept had serious potential. Microsoft is not oblivious to this a fresh property with some design flaws. Leaves a lot of leeway for refinement. It isn't as if the game was bad throughout just that the implementation was lacking.

With better controls, a better camera, more environmental freedom, and a better interface this could be a high caliber series. All it needs is for the developer to sort out what failed, and maintain what gamers enjoyed.

http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=13946

Dyack added that the only thing that would realistically stop more Too Human games would be a complete failure of the first title.

"It's as guaranteed as anything is these days, yeah," he said. "If the first game totally fails and no one wants to play it, then what's the point of making a second or third? But looking at the trends of the demo and how we think we're going to do, then yeah."

It certainly under-delivered but

13 Too Human Microsoft 16 Weeks 16,541 459,463

Should hit 500k by the end of the year?

Around the Network

Poor controls, particularly with the exploding enemies is nearly unforgivable. I actually like the game but it could easily have been much better with more conventional controls.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

The game most definitely could have used alternate control schemes. Perhaps they should review the concept of tabbing as a viable alternative. I plan to pick up the game on a discount rack sometime next year.

Dodece said:
The game most definitely could have used alternate control schemes. Perhaps they should review the concept of tabbing as a viable alternative. I plan to pick up the game on a discount rack sometime next year.

If you were looking for it you missed your chance on Black Friday.  Amazon had it for $10, I doubt it will hit that price used for at bit.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

I'd be surprised if they didn't make a sequel. They already have the game engine and plenty of character models to work with. The development costs of the sequel would be much less than the original.

Hopefully they can use the extra development time to improve the engine with the new 360 development tools, tighten the controls and take all the critisism on board to come out with a much improved game.

I don't have a 360, but I still want to play this when I get one.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

There was an article on N4G a couple of hours ago saying that too human 2 is already in development.