By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five Most Anticipated Games On Everyone's List

I agree. I'm not a big fan of GT.

Around the Network
misterd said:
Of the games that I think will actually be coming next year...

Resident Evil 5
Mass Effect 2
Mad World
Ghostbusters (even though it'll be a masive disappointment like all the other licensed games)
Banjo-Tooie (cartridge swap at last!)

Ghostbusters doesn't suffer from the things that most movie/licensed games suffer from:

• It has a budget and development time -- While a lot of movie games might get a years dev time, year and a half if they're lucky, Ghostbusters has about three years.
  • It does not have to fit to a movie -- There's no simultaneous release to worry about or having to keep in line with a certain story.
  • It's written by the original talent and the original talent is heavily involved - nuff said
  • The non-HD versions aren't just lower res versions of the HD versions - The Wii/PS2 and DS versions are made by completely different developers and the Wii is even the lead platform for the Wii/PS2 version.
  • I'm pretty sure it has only had good previews - http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=7400

And ontopic

1. Left 4 Dead editor (might as well be a game for me)
  2. Bioshock 2
  3. Uncharted 2
  4. Madworld
  5. Champions Online

It's always fun to watch twesterm bust out of a wall like the Kool-Aid man to disspell myths about The Ghostbusters game.

I'm still exciting about that game, even if I know your slack-ass is working on it. :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
It's always fun to watch twesterm bust out of a wall like the Kool-Aid man to disspell myths about The Ghostbusters game.

I'm still exciting about that game, even if I know your slack-ass is working on it. :D

At least I don't try to tell people to like it, I just present facts and dispell myths and don't even do it that often.  :-p

And I'm not that much of a slacker, I actually finished all my tasks today and I'm going to be polishing, bug fixing the rest of the week, and dreading the work I'm going to have to get around to doing after Christmas. 

twesterm said:
rocketpig said:

At least I don't try to tell people to like it, I just present facts and dispell myths.  :-p

And I'm not that much of a slacker, I actually finished all my tasks today and I'm going to be polishing, bug fixing the rest of the week, and dreading the work I'm going to have to get around to doing after Christmas. 

Sure. I bet you're the guy who's always in the break room no matter what time of day. :D

I'm really excited about this game and it's cool that you get to work on such a bad-ass project. I'm right with you when people start bashing it.

Anyway, I hope you get to go gold soon so you'll get a few weeks off. I've had people tell me the nightmare schedule of game-making and it ain't pretty.

BTW, you're Central time, same as me... WTF you doing up and online? Go to sleep so you can be up for work tomorrow, you fucking slacker!

Around the Network
RayRay102 said:
5. Last but not least is Forza 3. Forza 2 was IMO one of the greatest racing game ever and 3 will finally challege GT5.

Forza has been challenging GT since the get-go. Forza has whipped Polyphony in features for a long time, and I suspect that's why GT5 still hasn't been released.

Polyphony is like Bungie. They have the budget, they have the resources, they can make the greatest genre game ever... what they need is competition. Like Bungie, they have everything they need. They might not produce the greatest game in their genre when it releases, but you know that it's going to be damned good when it does release.

Personally, I think Forza 2 is the reason we're seeing GT5 "still on the horizon". That game kicked Gran Turismo's features in the ass so hard that Polyphony had to go back to the drawing board. I'm eagerly anticipating GT5, even though GT5:p sucked so hard. They're a great developer and no one will "challenge them" in sales, but they can in features and that will drive Polyphony to make an even better game.

rocketpig said:
twesterm said:
rocketpig said:

At least I don't try to tell people to like it, I just present facts and dispell myths.  :-p

Sure. I bet you're the guy who's always in the break room no matter what time of day. :D

I'm really excited about this game and it's cool that you get to work on such a bad-ass project. I'm right with you when people start bashing it.

Anyway, I hope you get to go gold soon so you'll get a few weeks off. I've had people tell me the nightmare schedule of game-making and it ain't pretty.

BTW, you're Central time, same as me... WTF you doing up and online? Go to sleep so you can be up for work tomorrow, you fucking slacker!

Actually I'm one of those people that just hunker down at my desk.  I usually go down to the kitchen once in the morning to get a cup of coffee and a few times in the afternoon to make tea but I'm kind of antisocial like that.  I keep meaning to play things like L4D with people at lunch or 6-ish, I just always have other things to do.  >_>

Besides, I spend most of my spare time (usually the minute or two it takes to load and unload levels) here. 

And sleep is overrated. 

In no particular order :
resident evil 5
killzone 2
uncharted 2
god of war 3
alan wake

1. (Wii) Next Zelda
2. (Wii)Monster Hunter 3
3. (Wii)Dragon Quest X
4. (360/PS3)Resident Evil 5
5. (360/PS3)Street Fighter 4

Also I would love a new Mariogame but I´m not so sure we´ll see one more this generation. A new Kid Icarus would soar to the top of my list but that isn´t confirmed yet is it?

My biggest wish would be a new games of these in either 2d or 3d with a fixed camera (like Super Mario Galaxy):
Pokemon rpg Wii
Castlevania Wii
Metroid Wii (this would be the best thing that could ever happen!)