By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War 3 REALLY is a painting come to LIFE!!!!!

Next year Sony has some great hitters coming.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
On PSU.com David Jaffe talks about how that VGA footage is old and the game currently looks 20-30% better than that. Great times in 09 for PS3!!!!!

Could be the good ol' PR hype but if it even turns out slightly worse than that video, I ain't complaining lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
CGI-Quality said:
On PSU.com David Jaffe talks about how that VGA footage is old and the game currently looks 20-30% better than that. Great times in 09 for PS3!!!!!

Could be the good ol' PR hype but if it even turns out slightly worse than that video, I ain't complaining lol

aint that the truth

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I didn't know 5 lines qualifies as a wall of text. =P

Seriously though, was anyone not expecting this game to look good? I mean the same people did the first two God of War games on the PS2, and those were almost on par with the prettiest Gamecube and Xbox games.

Similarly to what I said in the ICO/SotC thread, I've been playing games for far too long to be impressed by "zomg best graphics evar!", but am still looking forward to seeing what the people who did GoW1&2 on the PS2 can do with the horsepower of a HD console.

Serious_frusting said:
Pristine20 said:
CGI-Quality said:

aint that the truth

jaffe has absolutely nothing to gain by hyping god of war 3. he's no longer working on it remember?

in fact, it would do him better if the game flops, coz people will start saying, "see, jaffe was the reason why god of war was so good". his stock will rise if the game flops.

so i believe jaffe when he says that the new build of the game is indeed that much better.

oh and if you do watch the god of war trailer in 1080, you'll see a huge difference. its very, very good.

Around the Network

It looks average by todays standard, so in 2010 it'll look very unremarkable.

Nothing less then a 300% improvement will change that.