By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
atma998 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
badgenome said:
DS says, "WTF is market saturation?"

The DS is nowhere near market saturation.

If you say half the people in a family with Ps2 played it, that means you have over 70M potential DS owners in western Europe, and then perhaps 20M in the rest of the world (save for Americas + Japan).

More realistically though, 50M in western Europe. So the possible range for the DS varies from 60-90M I guess (Others).

Milestones:

X360 passes 3M in the United Kingdom! ~ 1/6 families now own it!

Even in Japan where 1/5 of japanese people own a DS, market isn't saturated yet. Imagine if 1/5 of NA and Europe own a DS too. NA (USA+Canada) is around 340 M + Europe (charted countries) is around 400 M = 740 M.

Now 1/5 of 740 M = 148 millions and I didn't count Other.

That's essentially what I got after Khuutra's response.

70-110M (-20) = 50-80M for Others.

Americas buys about the same as WE = 50-80*2 = 110-150M

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

either there are shortages, for Wii and 360, or last week was too high.... there were only 100k more HW unit sold this week that last week. A very small jump for the week if you ask me.

However, SW sales should be at least 25% higher.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Nice sales for the nintendo products, good sales for 360, poor sales for ps3. I can't see a way for it to pick up sales since Sony does not have the resources now to make a price cut.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Skeeuk said:
dhummel said:
Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:
luisgvm said:
all consoles are doing great and thats good for us gamers.

No they are not. This is the second holiday season for the PS3 in Europe and it's down from last year. No matter how optimistic one is, that can't be seen as great.

last holiday saw a major price cut for ps3, combined with price situation this fall, its no suprise ps3 is lower than it could have been. i would say ps3 sales are admirable considering its price and consumer spending-holdbacks. if wii or 360 were that price i doubt they would even reach half of that.

360 sales are very good its up from last year due to its price, its the cheapest out there, and wii well nothing can touch the wii at the moment.

This is such a junk argument, and I see it everywhere. The reason the 360 and Wii wouldn't sell at $400 is because they are not offering 400$ worth of hardware. Simple. Its the same reason that the PS3 would sell like hotcakes at the 360 price point. The fact is that each console is priced differently, according to what it offers. You can't just interchange the prioces and the console the prices go to. It honestly sounds like damage control for the PS3, claiming that people are only buying the 360 and Wii because of price.

to your 1st point: its not a junk argument at all, i was just making a point that ps3 is selling that much at that current price point. because it could have been much lower given the situation on pricing.

to your 2nd point: theres no damage control at all, why was ps3 selling more than 360 during year even though 360 was cheaper? now that 360 is much much more cheaper, it would be hard for a gift buyer this fall to buy a ps3 over a 360 in a general sence.

imo people are buying the 360 more because of price, its clearly obvious.

Agreed with Skeeuk.

Nintendo = 1.55M
Non-Nintendo = 878k

Around the Network

a fifth of a million Wiis away from passing PSP o_O

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

bigjon said:
either there are shortages, for Wii and 360, or last week was too high.... there were only 100k more HW unit sold this week that last week. A very small jump for the week if you ask me.

You are right. I am not sure if this is a trend but at least I didn't saw Arcades in the last few days. I even speculated that a sellout of Arcades might be the main reason for the price drop of Pro and Elite SDKs.

Bu8t if this is the case in the whole country or the whole of europe? No idea.

kowenicki said:
Tremble said:
BTW, the PS3 cross the 18M!

and 360 crosses 25m

and the Wii crosses 41

kars said:
bigjon said:

You are right. I am not sure if this is a trend but at least I didn't saw Arcades in the last few days. I even speculated that a sellout of Arcades might be the main reason for the price drop of Pro and Elite SDKs.

Bu8t if this is the case in the whole country or the whole of europe? No idea.

oh, ya It could also be under tracking this week.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

WiiStation360 said:
kowenicki said:
Tremble said:
BTW, the PS3 cross the 18M!

and 360 crosses 25m

and the Wii crosses 41

and the DS crosses 91

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)