By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just played through the 360 demo of Sonic Unleashed

[Offtopic]I just paid for 12 months of Live and Castle Crashers(the first 360 I've gotten since 06).  I hope I didn't waste 70 bucks.[/Offtopic]

And I have to say that it's a beautiful game.  Textures aren't always the best but as a whole it's more than passable.  Also the sense of speed in this game is great and refreshing.

On the other hand, it doesn't control like I would have hoped.  Also, I felt like moving forward the whole level with the occasion jump and homing attack was a bore.  The old "plays itself' gripe comes to mind.  Probably more than anything, the rhythm feels broken when enemies show up. The lock on system takes too long so I pretty much had to wait 2 seconds and then attack as supposed to just mashing X.  Also why is jump with A and attack with X.  I've grown fond of having jump and the homing attack be the same button.

Eh, I liked the demo.

Comments?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Havent played the demo but getting it on PS3 this week and im not listneing to IGN Bull it looks brill...

I like the demo, I may buy the game soon.

Haven't played it, I'll either rent it or buy it when it's really cheap.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

SmokedHostage said:

[Offtopic]I just paid for 12 months of Live and Castle Crashers(the first 360 I've gotten since 06).  I hope I didn't waste 70 bucks.[/Offtopic]

And I have to say that it's a beautiful game.  Textures aren't always the best but as a whole it's more than passable.  Also the sense of speed in this game is great and refreshing.

On the other hand, it doesn't control like I would have hoped.  Also, I felt like moving forward the whole level with the occasion jump and homing attack was a bore.  The old "plays itself' gripe comes to mind.  Probably more than anything, the rhythm feels broken when enemies show up. The lock on system takes too long so I pretty much had to wait 2 seconds and then attack as supposed to just mashing X.  Also why is jump with A and attack with X.  I've grown fond of having jump and the homing attack be the same button.

Eh, I liked the demo.

Comments?

Buy the Wii-Version of the game, because these is much better.