By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Family angry because supermarket won't inscribe cake to son, Adolf Hitler

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Good names for a trio of toddlers? Heath and Deborah Campbell think so. The Holland Township couple has picked those names and the oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, turns 3 today.

This has given rise to a problem, because the ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich Township has refused to make a cake for young Adolf's birthday.

"We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," said Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman.

The Campbells turned down the market's offer to make a cake with enough room for them to write their own inscription and can't understand what all of the fuss is about.

"ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."

Others, such as Anti-Defamation League director Barry Morrison, applauded Shop Rite's decision.

"Might as well put a sign around their (the children's) neck that says bigot, racist, hatemonger," said Morrison. "What's the difference?"

What do you think? Was ShopRite correct for refusing to personalize a cake for the Campbells? Feel free to comment below and take the time to vote in our online poll.

Also, check out a photo gallery from the Campbell family home.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/index.ssf/2008/12/holland_township_family_angry.html

Around the Network

Come on, how retarded can you be? Seriously, finding it weird that people will prefer not to be associated with an A. Hitler? Those parents should get their kids taken away from them. Freedom of speech and all that but there's a reason nazi-symbols and ideology is illegal in most of Europe.

I'm totally with the supermarket here

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

It's their fault they named him that, lol.

Might as well inscribe the name themselfs...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I wouldn't have either.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

those parents must be some crazy ass ***

lol

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I'm definitely with the supermarket. Honestly, why would you name your kid that (after WWII)? Just imagine what kind of stuff he'll have to put up with later in life.

Esmoreit said:
Come on, how retarded can you be? Seriously, finding it weird that people will prefer not to be associated with an A. Hitler? Those parents should get their kids taken away from them. Freedom of speech and all that but there's a reason nazi-symbols and ideology is illegal in most of Europe.

I'm totally with the supermarket here

What happens in WWII videogames with all the Nazi flags waving around everywhere?

Although I agree with the supermarket from my own moral point of view, but this also shows curbs in civil liberties, and these ones are not even being done by the government, but by a non-elected corporation. Which I'm against.

Personally, I don't know where to stand on an issue like this.

"ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."
---------
You know what's sad, Deborah? That you would actually name your kid that.

ShopRite is absolutely in the rite(couldn't help myself) here.

I'm usually not one to generalize but wow, their parenting credibility went down the toilet with that name.

insomniac17 said:
I'm definitely with the supermarket. Honestly, why would you name your kid that (after WWII)? Just imagine what kind of stuff he'll have to put up with later in life.

Because they're into that aryan nation/neo-nazi bs.. judging by on of the other childrens' names.

@esmoreit: I'm not trying to argue that these people (the parents) aren't complete idiots, but to play devil's advocate for a bit here - how can you be for freedom of speech and at the same time be in favor of the law making some 'free speech' illegal?  Assuming they don't hurt anyone, who the hell cares?

I don't have a problem at all with what ShopRight did. It isn't like they didn't offer them the cake and materials needed to add the name themselves.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)