By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC World: CNN is wrong to call PS3 a sinking ship

Do I have to mention that CNN IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MICROSOFT SUPPORTERS ?

Around the Network
880user088 said:

They are actually competitors.

And the article by PC world isn't all that great. For every PS3 game they list, an X360 game can be placed. And blu-ray still does not ring a bell with most people making it kind of a moot-point when it comes to the market-acceptance of BR

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Paperdiego said:
most of sonys exclusive games are that appealiong. drakes fortune,lair?
please...

and the one that are dontn sell, thus its a sinking ship.. bye bye

I too like Nachos

Thank you pc world, take that cnn!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

880user088 said:

Apparently you had to mention it twice.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1554369

Around the Network

Matt Peckham is a moron, all last year he was saying that the Wii would be dead by now

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

The PS3 is not a shinking ship per say. Just right now we are pailing out a whole lot of water.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Quote:

CNN says the differences between Blu-ray and DVD are hard to see on a TV less than 50". I suppose that'd be true if your eyes are somehow genetically fixed at 720 x 480 (NTSC). For the rest of us, Blu-ray at even 720p (1280 x 720) with all its other commensurate upticks in sample rates and color quality is shockingly better than the visuals output of the average DVD.

I really need glasses because i honestly cannot see this shocking difference everyone is talking about. You've gotta love advertising, people honestly believe what they are told to believe. 

If most people were to walk into a t.v. store, i bet most would not know if a DVD or Blu Ray disc was playing on the screen. I keep saying that people are buying HD TV's because they are big and flat not because they are hoping to pay an extra 400 dollars and three times the price of a dvd for a few extra pixels. 

When a blu ray disc costs as much as a dvd, and a player can be found for $59,99, Blu ray will sky rocket. 

When the PS3 costs $199, its sales are also likely to sky rocket. 

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

PC World audience: a few thousands people, CNN audience: a few millions people. Which one is right is unimportant.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Well it's nice to see the media defend the PS3 for once.