By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iSuppli deleted their bad predictions from their website

HappySquirrel said:

I don't understand analysts ...

Every day it becomes more and more clear that the "crackpots" were correct and the United States (and the rest of the world) is headed towards a long term economic slow down characterized by increased inflation, slow growth, elimation of easy to access credit, and the elimination of imaginary home equity which when combined together will greatly reduce their buying power. In this context it seems odd that Analysts are predicting that people will continue to make unnecessary purchases to upgrade their home entertainment centers, buy additional (expensive) videogame systems when they already own a current (and working) system, and (generally) spend money like a drunken sailor ...

This isn't to say that you will see declining sales for either of the HD consoles, but the logic behind these analysts' reasoning for their comeback is very poor.

This was lost in the second thread about iSuppli.  It's like HappySquirrel had a time machine.

Around the Network

No they didn't:
http://www.isuppli.com/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=12732
Search for Wii, it's in the paragraph labeled "Wii would like to play"

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Well in their support ( which I am giving very little of ) MS's aggresive price cutting and the global recession are 2 factors significant enough to change the marketshare distritution beyond even what an expert could forsee.

Sad and disgraceful if true. Nothing like Stalinist rewriting of history to make you look good. It's not that important if leo-j edits his predictions to make them look good, a serious issue if professional analysts start doing so.

How about this insanely bad end of year prediction:

According to iSuppli, the Wii will reach 30.2 million installed units in 2008, up from 18 million in 2007, thereby placing it ahead of the 25.7 million users the firm projects for Xbox 360 in 2008, and the 20.3 million for the PlayStation 3.

They made this prediction in February of this year! 90% of the people on this forum had better end of year predictions. Disgraceful.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Sullla said:

Sad and disgraceful if true. Nothing like Stalinist rewriting of history to make you look good. It's not that important if leo-j edits his predictions to make them look good, a serious issue if professional analysts start doing so.

How about this insanely bad end of year prediction:

According to iSuppli, the Wii will reach 30.2 million installed units in 2008, up from 18 million in 2007, thereby placing it ahead of the 25.7 million users the firm projects for Xbox 360 in 2008, and the 20.3 million for the PlayStation 3.

They made this prediction in February of this year! 90% of the people on this forum had better end of year predictions. Disgraceful.

But there's worse. I've actually seen charts which don't even show past data correctly.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
nordlead said:
SleepWaking said:
noname2200 said:
Gamerace said:
Didn't isuppli predict a shrinking growth rate for the Wii??

Anyone this have that chart they made?

I uploaded it to this site, just for future lulz. Here you are.

Why do the sales go down for Wii 2010-2011???

because they aren't really sales they are talking about. They are actually talking about active users in this graph. Basically, they are predicting people will buy the wii, but then never use it. Compared to the PS3 and X360, where more users will continue to use the system, so the userbase won't shrink as much.

Overall, I still consider this graph a bunch of crap.

So they're essentially making a prediction that cannot be proven correct, as there currently is no way to track that..?

(well, might be a way, but even if the companies know, they aren't likely to publish them if they aren't pro them)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

So the end of 2011 was the real life end of 2008, and Wii loses 2 million sales 2010-2011
OK.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)