By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - poor Electronic Arts...

Kasz216 said:
badgenome said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Is dantes inferno....you know...related to DMC?...

Judging from the trailer, EA's Dante's Inferno is barely even related to Dante's Inferno.

I don't think he knows what Dante's Inferno is.

Not too many people know, these days. Anyways if this sells good I can't wait for EA's take on masterpieces such as for example Proust's À la recherche... I'm sure it'd make awesome groundwork for a third person shooter .

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
disolitude said:
JGarret said:
Man, Dead Space deserved far better :(

No it didn't. Resident Evil 4 Doom 3 and Aliens/Event Horizon movies are still waiting for their royalties on that game.

Doesn't matter. Dead Space is still the best survival horror game since RE4. Are you saying that you would rather not have a high quality game come out because it used ideas from something else? If that's the case, then you mustn't like anything at all.

And yes, it does deserve better sales. Subjectively of course.

Just kiss the tip.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Kasz216 said:
badgenome said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Judging from the trailer, EA's Dante's Inferno is barely even related to Dante's Inferno.

Not too many people know, these days. Anyways if this sells good I can't wait for EA's take on masterpieces such as for example Proust's À la recherche... I'm sure it'd make awesome groundwork for a third person shooter .

That's a sad thought.  Most people not knowing anyway.

Kasz216 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Kasz216 said:
badgenome said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

That's a sad thought.  Most people not knowing anyway.

Things have changed =) years ago quotes from Homer or Euripides made you look cool, these days the cool thing is pop culture references.

Who knows, EA might reverse the trend ^ ^

edit: to add that I read it when I was a youngling and I found it so impressive. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever read. And to think these days things like Gears or GTA4's scripts pass as "good writing". Sigh.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Arkk said:
disolitude said:
JGarret said:
Man, Dead Space deserved far better :(

No it didn't. Resident Evil 4 Doom 3 and Aliens/Event Horizon movies are still waiting for their royalties on that game.

Doesn't matter. Dead Space is still the best survival horror game since RE4. Are you saying that you would rather not have a high quality game come out because it used ideas from something else? If that's the case, then you mustn't like anything at all.

And yes, it does deserve better sales. Subjectively of course.

There are people that wouldn't consider RE4 survival horror anymore... Let alone dead space. While I'd give the survival horror nod to RE4, dead space is an action game. And as an action game its quite repetitive, unoriginal and unimaginative... The slicing mechanic was great as well as zero gravity rooms and the visuals...everything else was done better in other games.

In any case I think it got the sales it deserved being a shooter action game without coop and without any online what so ever. 

Around the Network

Problem is they tried to push out too many new IPs in a very crowded market already.

Creating new IPs is a tough job and requires a lot of marketing.
So far Ubisoft did the best job in that area with Assassin's Creed that was advertised very heavilly and featured a commercial that actually was impressive at the time ( even if the game ended to be a little repetitive, the commercial was indeed stunning and convinced some players to purchase the game just on its strenght).
I can't however say that any commercial this holydays made me jump in my seat and scream 'woah'

So far this gen the 2 best commercials were still Halo 3 ( because of the song ) and Assassin's Creed...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !