By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - poor Electronic Arts...

Interestingly enough, EA's just premiered the teaser for Dante's Inferno, made by the same developer as Dead Space (tho we don't know if it's the same team working on it). Making a videogame adaptation of a literary masterpiece from the XIII'th century is certainly taking a risk...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

I agree with the OP with the risks concerning Activision. EA are in that position now because most of their franchises are the shadow they once were. The best selling Need for Speed sold over 8 million copies. Their business model of a yearly iteration has made that those franchises are getting less popular each year.

Now, Activision was a shovelware company last gen like THQ. They became big on the success of Guitar Hero and Call of Duty but those 2 IP will eventually become stale and the gamers' interest will wane. We wouldn't be expecting the new Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Halo, GTA, Gran Turismo so eagerly if we were getting one every year.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

BengaBenga said:
JGarret said:
@disolitude

Hey man, so you played the demo...it´s been a LONG time the last time I saw or read anything related to RE5, so I´m completely out of the loop....tell me, why is it everyone is considering RE5 an 'action' game and calling it 'Gears of Evil 5'?

Because that's basically what it is. Ok, you can still not run and shoot (thank goodness) but other than that it's RE4 x 10 (and I don't mean the quality, but the shooting). Loads of ammo, pretty crappy AI.

The game looks absolutely great and I'll definitely buy it cause I want to know the story, but where RE4 had a certain feel to it that made it horror, this demo at least didn't.

Benga hit the nail on the head... It looks like it will be a fun 1 week buddy co op game though. Not something I'd want from Resident Evil...but I'll take it nevertheless.

im guessing dante's inferno is on PS360?

hopfully they continue with new wii IPs, im sure that boom blox has got them more profit than mirrors edge and dead space combined (at least so far)

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

The biggest ownage was Facebreaker. That game was a massive bomb, and they tried hyping it.

Around the Network

I hope there's a Dead Space 2.

Theres been some cool new IPS from EA

Skate
Burnout Paradise
Dead Space
Mirrors Edge
Spore

Aj_habfan said:
The biggest ownage was Facebreaker. That game was a massive bomb, and they tried hyping it.

I liked the demo, they had a peter moore lookalike available as a player character.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

woopah said:
im guessing dante's inferno is on PS360?

hopfully they continue with new wii IPs, im sure that boom blox has got them more profit than mirrors edge and dead space combined (at least so far)

This

badgenome said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Is dantes inferno....you know...related to DMC?...

Judging from the trailer, EA's Dante's Inferno is barely even related to Dante's Inferno.

I don't think he knows what Dante's Inferno is.