By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 44 pre-owned GTA4s Sitting on a shelf (to the tune of 10 green bottles)

damn...GTA4 is the game people love to hate it seems...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
llewdebkram said:
fulcizombie said:
I hate gTA4 but the TS made this thread to....gloat about mario kart wii??? Oh lord......

It's always nice to see something overated and up it's own arse put in it's place...Sony, GTA4....now what's next, any suggestions?

erm....   the wii?

in my opinion anyway.

If Nintendo spent years being arrogant like Sony and believing they were untouchable I would feel the same about them.

There are many reasons why a game would end up with many second-hand units available... did you bother to find out why or just picked the reason that most suited your bias?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

llewdebkram said:

An observation whilst looking in video game shops near me is just how many Pre-owned copies of GTA4 there are around, in one store a row of 44 on Xbox360.

In comparison and admitedly to gloat just a bit....0 Mario Kart Wiis new or preowned anywhere.

The hate is strong with this one.

llewdebkram said:

An observation whilst looking in video game shops near me is just how many Pre-owned copies of GTA4 there are around, in one store a row of 44 on Xbox360.

In comparison and admitedly to gloat just a bit....0 Mario Kart Wiis new or preowned anywhere.

Why would you return Mario Kart Wii?  It has awesome online!

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
llewdebkram said:

Considering their demographics, I'm sure Local Multiplayer is where it's at for most MK owners =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

llewdebkram said:

If Nintendo spent years being arrogant like Sony and believing they were untouchable I would feel the same about them.

I guess you weren't around in the late 80s and early 90s then.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I agree that GTA4 is very much overrated, I've hear Saint's Row 2 is much better. GTA4 was very repetitive and the dating was very uninteresting, I don't know what's going on with the gaming world, but I can't believe all the awards this game is getting.

Bitmap Frogs said:
TheBigFatJ said:
llewdebkram said:

Considering their demographics, I'm sure Local Multiplayer is where it's at for most MK owners =)

I don't see it -- every time I play MK Online it is a blast and you'll notice that most of the people you play with are playing with friends (you can tell if people are sharing a Wii).

MK online is much better than GTA 4 online.  If you haven't played both, obviously, it wouldn't make sense to draw a comparison.  But I bet MK online has a lot more players than GTA 4 online also.  Probably many times as many.

TheBigFatJ said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
TheBigFatJ said:
llewdebkram said:

I don't see it -- every time I play MK Online it is a blast and you'll notice that most of the people you play with are playing with friends (you can tell if people are sharing a Wii).

MK online is much better than GTA 4 online.  If you haven't played both, obviously, it wouldn't make sense to draw a comparison.  But I bet MK online has a lot more players than GTA 4 online also.  Probably many times as many.

His point is that less that 2/3 Wii owners have their Wii connected to the Internet (a little after half I believe)

I'm fairly certain more than 3/4 of the total time played MKWii is offline.

Heck, I have to say that MKWii online is insanely much more fun than online (with 3 friends of course).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS