By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tastunoko vs Capcom impressions Thread

KichiVerde said:
Ive played this game here in Japan. Theyve actually had it out in the arcades for several weeks. And this game is definitely much more like Marvel vs Capcom as opposed to SNK vs Capcom.

In what way?
I found it similar to SNK vs Capcom. Especially since Ive played both games on home consoles. Maybe an arcades however I recently played SNK vs Capcom 2 on a friends PS2 and now Im playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Wii and they feel similiar. Theres also a MvC arcade in front of my house which I play often. To me they feel different.

Around the Network

i want this game , solely because i want too play as casshan:robot hunter. i loved the anime and i think his character is cool.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

i will have this game tomorrow, i will give my brief impressions in this thread

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
yushire said:
Valkyria00 said:
yushire said:
Since we're discussing MVC 3 I wonder if CAPCOM ACTUALLY develop that game too on the Wii with SF4 engine(same as used in TVC, yeah... wii are ripped off because SF4 have the same engine as TVC and yet CAPCOM dont want to port SF4 on the Wii. WTF?!!) or MVC3 have different developers than SF4 and RE5?

So how does it feel using the wiimote? Are you also guarding with the B button? because that feels awkward :/

I didnt know they were using the same engine....thats bullshit then if theyre not porting to the Wii. Its also insane that they didnt bring SF2HDRemix to Wiiware. Ive seen HD remix. Those graphics could be possible on Wii. At least an updated version of the damn game like HD remix for Wiiware.

Capcom will develop MvC 3 if it ever comes.

Guarding is done by holding back on the D-pad just like in the arcades.

Sorry to say this and make you angry at CAPCOM but actually it is... The only difference was the PS360 versions are in HD, but in engine they used no difference. You can even compared the screenshots it makes no difference, correct me if Im wrong but this is CAPCOM we're talking about, they're using the same engine in their games as they can as possible. Their versus games since  Marvel VS Street fighter  have no difference even till MVC2.

Lol Im not really angry I just find it stupid for them to do that. Makes no sense when you can get an extra bit of sales on Wii. Not nessaccarily because of the market share but because you know 3 consoles.

TvC actually reminds me of Marvel versus street fighter than CAPCOM VS SNK and MVC2. MVC2 was too cheap though, cant CAPCOM fix those issues in the next series? Magneto was imba there

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
yushire said:

Sorry to say this and make you angry at CAPCOM but actually it is... The only difference was the PS360 versions are in HD, but in engine they used no difference. You can even compared the screenshots it makes no difference, correct me if Im wrong but this is CAPCOM we're talking about, they're using the same engine in their games as they can as possible. Their versus games since  Marvel VS Street fighter  have no difference even till MVC2.

Lol Im not really angry I just find it stupid for them to do that. Makes no sense when you can get an extra bit of sales on Wii. Not nessaccarily because of the market share but because you know 3 consoles.

TVC, SF4 and RE4 developers are seperate developers after all. And they dont want to develop it on the wii, thats why... Though CAPCOM will cost them in the long run for these developers let them ignore the Wii. Just look at DMC 4, even its a million seller seem its been forgotten.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Well what is remings people of is their own opinion. Ive played Capcom vs SNK most recently on a home console. So these two reminded me each other. When I say that I dont mean theyre completly the same either. TvC is a much better game just it kinda has that feel.

Not a bad game controls are pretty simple like Naruto kind of button smasher . Pretty fun mini games . Only 4 characters to unlock (available to buy from store). Reminds me of Capcom Vs Snk on the gamecube . Some nice boss character appearances that thing from Okami . All in all I give it a 78 since they didn't have my favorite character ken ,bastards.

yushire said:
Valkyria00 said:
yushire said:

TVC, SF4 and RE4 developers are seperate developers after all. And they dont want to develop it on the wii, thats why... Though CAPCOM will cost them in the long run for these developers let them ignore the Wii. Just look at DMC 4, even its a million seller seem its been forgotten.

Well their loss. I cant hate capcom though. They brought me this. Great games in the past and some good looking titles for 09. MH3 and something else.....I think.

@KylieDog

Capcom lost the license to make Marvel fighters a while ago, and then EA got it and lost it too. Marvel may have hinted at wanting another Marvel VS game but they've never said it was definitely happening. It may happen, but it's nothing that's confirmed as of now.

@yushire

I don't think TVC and SFIV run off the same engine - both games play differently and were designed for different types of arcade hardware. (TVC on Wii-Based Arcade Hardware, SFIV on Taito X2 [basically a computer with Windows XP embedded]). What Capcom said a while back is that they now have a multi-platform approach (which they may of may not really be following...). SFIV could probably make its way onto the Wii if Capcom decides that its worth it to port it onto the Wii.

This game has been fun, but I'm still bummed Phoenix Wright didn't make it in. He is too cool for school.