By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Pharaoh said:
Garnett said:
Pharaoh said:
The people that actually want this game and begged for this gameplay footage, are not the ones saying the graphics "are medicore". Everyone that was already psyched for this game, are even more so (especially me). The put this footage out to assure the population that this game is indeed on track.

The graphics no doubt will be amazing by the time this game is finished. The only ones saying, oh the graphics aren't that good, have a 360 gamer card and probably will never buy this game anyways, even though they will be the one that lose out.

Gameplaywise and storywise, if the first two are any indication, will be amazing!!

This game is going to be insane!!

Of course,if you want the game you tend to like the graphics,even if they are last gen,you make the best of the graphics,then you look at something better and you WOW,untill you get used to it.

Tell me that you don't mean that GOW graphics are last gen. If that's what you meant, you seriously think that the final product will be anything short of amazing. Look at sony exclusives graphical department, uncharted, mgs4, gt prolouge, killzone, etc.. Seriously?

No i didnt mean GoW3 ooked last gen(tho someone else did),im sure GoW3 will look better over time,and Uncharted isnt that good looking,thats like saying "Look at halo 3" it just dosent work,now KZ2 and GT5 is a real looker.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

you couldn't be more wrong. I've been looking foreward to this from the day i completed God of war 2 and this trailer sucked. It was 30 seconds long, had the word Everything in both lines which sounded completley generic and lifeless. showcased graphics that were good looking for the gen but were NOTHING compared to what Jaffe was making them out. Listen i love god of war as much as anyone else but this trailer was certainly a dissapointment

At least do a bit of research.  Jaffe explicitly said that the footage being shown at the VGAs was decent, but nothing compared to what he was f'ing on about a few weeks ago.

It's all about the game.

lilwingman said:
BenVTrigger said:

you couldn't be more wrong. I've been looking foreward to this from the day i completed God of war 2 and this trailer sucked. It was 30 seconds long, had the word Everything in both lines which sounded completley generic and lifeless. showcased graphics that were good looking for the gen but were NOTHING compared to what Jaffe was making them out. Listen i love god of war as much as anyone else but this trailer was certainly a dissapointment

At least do a bit of research.  Jaffe explicitly said that the footage being shown at the VGAs was decent, but nothing compared to what he was f'ing on about a few weeks ago.

i already know that i was in this thread a long time ago and responded to somone on that. Why would sony release a far inferior looking version when its GOW3's big gameplay debut? wouldn't they want the best of what they have to offer? and either way the game itself will be great but that was seriously a bad trailer

@garnett

oh ok just making sure you weren't saying they were last gen haha. I still think uncharted has the best environments and effects to date for released games. Halo 3 isn't and wasn't supposed to be a graphical powerhouse,(uncharted and halo are in different leagues) but I see what you are trying to say.

@everyone else

I'm glad that jaffe is as excited about this game as he is. Leadership like that should inspire his development team to push themselves further and further because of the enthusiasm he possesses.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

BenVTrigger said:

i already know that i was in this thread a long time ago and responded to somone on that. Why would sony release a far inferior looking version when its GOW3's big gameplay debut? wouldn't they want the best of what they have to offer? and either way the game itself will be great but that was seriously a bad trailer

See, I don't even classify what they showed as a trailer lol.  It was a very brief - albeit sexy as hell - clip of in-game stuff.  And that's it.  What they should have done was combine the initial announcement teaser with the gameplay footage from tonight.  Would have gave a little substance to the "trailer".

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

Damn I want the trailer. What I am not getting is the whining in this thread. The small gifs look incredible. Would need to see a bigger version to be sure of course but the one with the minotaurus looks divine.

Pharaoh said:
@garnett

oh ok just making sure you weren't saying they were last gen haha. I still think uncharted has the best environments and effects to date for released games. Halo 3 isn't and wasn't supposed to be a graphical powerhouse,(uncharted and halo are in different leagues) but I see what you are trying to say.

@everyone else

I'm glad that jaffe is as excited about this game as he is. Leadership like that should inspire his development team to push themselves further and further because of the enthusiasm he possesses.

just to let you know jaffe isn't on the god of war 3 team

lilwingman said:
BenVTrigger said:

See, I don't even classify what they showed as a trailer lol.  It was a very brief - albeit sexy as hell - clip of in-game stuff.  And that's it.  What they should have done was combine the initial announcement teaser with the gameplay footage from tonight.  Would have gave a little substance to the "trailer".

i guess...i still have great confidence in this game but sony needs to stop with the 20 second long "trailers" where half of the video is the games name with loud music.

BenVTrigger said:
lilwingman said:
BenVTrigger said:

If the game is some time off, they could come out later and show wicked footage, going "Look at this, we made huge improvements, the PS3 allowed this, we are awesome, love us, go buy the game".

ok watched it on gametrailer. I must agree that it looks amazing but not exactly earth-shattering. More than good enough though. I mean its God of War.